HELP = EDG PLUSPRESS

  • Ing. Miroslav HEROLD - IOL
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      hlavicka CZHello all,

      do you know what above mentioned can mean??

      Context =

      EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING EXPRESS WARRANTIES, ALL xxxx SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY xxxx "AS IS" AND xxxx DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EDG PLUSPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.

      the rest is quite normal, but I have not met this term before in SW warranties.

      Thanks in advance

      Mirek

      Miroslav HEROLD, MME., PhD.
      interpreter/translator/consulting engineer/free-lance journalist
      Phone.: 00420 251 554 950
      Mobile: 00420 606 865 870
      e-mail: miroslav_herold@..., mherold@...

      ---
      Odchoz� zpr�va neobsahuje viry.
      Zkontrolov�no antivirov�m syst�mem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
      Verze: 6.0.456 / Virov� b�ze: 256 - datum vyd�n�: 18.2.2003

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
        Mirek,

        The standard phrase has "expressed" in its place. It's a wild guess, but I
        suspect this is an outcome of a lousy OCR work... Anyway, I would - if a
        hint from the client is unavailable - translate it in a standard way, as if
        with "expressed".

        do you know what above mentioned can mean??

        Context =

        EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING EXPRESS WARRANTIES, ALL xxxx SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT
        SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY xxxx "AS IS" AND xxxx DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER
        WARRANTIES, WHETHER EDG PLUSPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION
        ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
        PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.

        the rest is quite normal, but I have not met this term before in SW
        warranties.

        Thanks in advance

        Mirek

        Miroslav HEROLD, MME., PhD.
        interpreter/translator/consulting engineer/free-lance journalist
        Phone.: 00420 251 554 950
        Mobile: 00420 606 865 870
        e-mail: miroslav_herold@..., mherold@...

        ---
        Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

        Czechlist resources:

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

      • melvyn.geo <zehrovak@dr.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Ing. Miroslav HEROLD - IOL"
          > WHETHER EDG PLUSPRESS OR IMPLIED

          Hello Mirek,

          I'd bet a pound to a penny that this is a weird printing or transmission error of some kind. In this context I would normally expect to find the word 'express', i.e. 'vyslovny'. Somehow an X seems to have been replaced by an 'EDG PLUS'!

          M.
          ---
          Cynik je clovek, ktery sice zna cenu vseho, ale nezna hodnotu niceho.
          - O. Wilde
        • Michael Trittipo
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
            >> WHETHER EDG PLUSPRESS OR IMPLIED

            Souhlasim s Martinem i Melvynem: "whether express or implied" (no need
            for the -ed on 'express').