doner kebab

  • Radka Crossley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2000
      Can anyone help with translating these few tasty dishes into Czech?
      doner kebab
      quiche
      jacket potato

      TIA,
      Radka
    • Vladimir Vitvar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2000
        > Can anyone help with translating these few tasty dishes into Czech?
        > doner kebab
        > quiche
        > jacket potato

        Hi Radka, I should think that jacket potato is our 'brambory na loupac'ku';
        I would leave 'doner kebab' as it is.

        HIH.

        Vladimir Vitvar
        v.vitvar@...
      • Vladimir Vitvar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2000
          Ahoj Lenko a Radko,

          mam nutkavy pocit, ze 'jacket potato' neni 'brambora pecena v alobalu', ale
          'brambora pecena ve vlastnim kabatku' tedy 'na loupacku', 've slupce'
          (potvrdily mi to tri slovniky vcetne Oxford Dictionary of Current English).

          Dobrou chut! (= no equivalent :)

          Vladimir Vitvar