Re: [Czechlist] Filings

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2000
      At 08:50 2000/06/30 -0500, Michael Grant wrote, in response to this question:
      >> . . . other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission?
      >> Jedin˜ pÞeklad, kter˜ jsem na”el jsou "piliny", coÏ se zde jaksi nehodí!

      >To urcite ne! "Filings" refers to documents filed. Podani? Predlozene
      podklady?

      Souhlasim. "Maly domaci pravnik" (II. dil, Kindl/Valkova) rika:
      ++
      Oddil I Soudy
      1. Podani soudu
      1.1. Spisova znacka
      Dorucime-li nejakou pisemnost ("pravnicky" se ji rika _podani_) soudu . . .
      bude toto podani zapsano v prislusnych soudnich rejstricich . . ..
      ++

      The word "filings" is common in this sense. See, "SEC filings,"
      http://biz.yahoo.com/reports/edgar.html; "Edgar Online: the source for SEC
      filings," http://www.edgar-online.com/; etc. Cf. "Court filings,"
      http://library.dialog.com/bluesheets/html/bl0793.html; Microsoft and
      government filings, http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/ms_index.htm. The query
      "court filings" as a phrase produces 5,000+ results on Google, and the
      query "SEC filings" as a phrase gives 195,000. As a lawyer, I'd say it's
      more common than filings in the sense of metallic sawdust or shavings; but
      mechanics and metal-workers might disagree. :-)

      Michael Trittipo
      Minneapolis, Minnesota
      mailto:tritt002@...