Re: Bumbrlicek and Bivoj

  • melvyn.geo <zehrovak@dr.com>
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2003
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Petr Jarolím <ok2med@c...> wrote:

      > I have not made up my mind yet, but "Bivoj" can be "The Strong One", and =

      > Bumbrlicek will be probably referred to as "The Big One" in my translatio=
      n.

      Would it be stylistically permissible to invent a couple of Mr Men? Mr Hung=
      ry or Mr Stout versus Mr Strong or Mr Muscles? Might well work in journalist=
      ic style IMHO.

      The sky's the limit, really. Mr Rapacious, Opaque and Entirely Oblivious to=
      the Social Consequences of his Dubious Accounting Practices atd.

      S pozdravem,

      M.
      ---
      Nejsem nerozumny. Jen nemam ten stejny rozum jako vy.
      - Diogenes