Panelling

  • Petr Jarolím
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hello listmates!

      Could you help me please? I am looking for a general-purpose equivalent
      for "Outer Panelling" and "Inside Panneling" in automotive-industry
      contexts, Außenhaut und Innenverkleidung für Helga :)

      "Plech" would work for "outer panelling", if it is really a "plech", but
      some cars have plastic panelling ("vylisek"?)...
      Inside panelling - maybe "calouneni" if for doors, or "vnitrni kryt" or
      "vnitrni oblozeni" or "vnitrni vylisek", if plastic panelling is used?
      In case I do not know what material is the panelling made from and the
      customer gives no hints, what "general-purpose" translation should be used?

      thanks for any suggestions

      Hanka
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
        Hi Hanka,

        Außenhaut und Innenverkleidung

        Sound to me like

        Body and upholstering in E

        karoserie a calouneni in CZ

        (Eventhough I'm not a GER or automotive industry expert).

        IMHO karoserie (body) includes everything that you can see from the outside
        of the car (including plastic and wahtever material pieces) and some items
        you can't see from the outside and can be used for the whole thing, or for
        individual parts of it (with a nice word like part, panel, segment...?)

        and Calouneni (upholstery) is everything that goes inside the car to cover
        the inner surface of the above.

        I think both of those terms are general enough, depending on the context I
        would even go so far as to suggest that the later one may also be used for
        the dashboard and other stuff in the car - eventhough it's plastic.... I
        think the reason for this is historical - older cars had upholstery even on
        the dashboard and other items...

        My 2 p's

        Matej
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
          HI Hanka,

          > I am looking for a general-purpose equivalent
          > for "Outer Panelling" and "Inside Panneling" in
          automotive-industry
          > contexts, Außenhaut und Innenverkleidung für Helga :)

          I have client who makes "door panels" for cars, which are
          interior trim. They call them "dverni vyplne" (dver^ni'
          vy'plne^) in Czech. I'll try to find out more tomorrow.

          Jirka Bolech
        • Petr Jarolím
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
            Thanks, Mates, your comment about a plastic "calouneni" is rather
            interesting...
            Hanka

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
              Hi Hanka,

              trying to have slovnik.seznam.cz and
              http://web.volny.cz/najdito/slovnik.php translate the word
              "panelling" alone, you must conclude "oblozeni" (obloz^eni')
              is a good word.

              Jirka Bolech
            • Hana Jarolímová
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
                díky, Jirko, to plati pro vnitrni panelling, ale jak nazvat treba ten
                kus karoserie vpredu nad naraznikem, pokud je z plastu, plech asi ne...

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
                  díky, Jirko, to plati pro vnitrni panelling, ale jak nazvat ten kus

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
                    > díky, Jirko, to plati pro vnitrni panelling, ale jak
                    nazvat ten kus
                    > karoserie vpredu nad naraznikem, pokud je z plastu, plech
                    asi ne...

                    Slovnik na Seznamu nabizi "vnejsi oblozeni karoserie" pro
                    "body outer paneling"; mozna je to podezrele doslovne.

                    Nevim, co presne by melo byt nad prednim naraznikem, ale ja
                    bych tam cekal masku (mask, nozzle). To vsak asi nebude to,
                    co potrebujes.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 4, 2003
                      Mila Hanko, bohuzel jsem nic noveho o prekladu vyrazu se
                      slovem "panelling" nezjistil; muj klient to nepouziva. Mne
                      pripada "oblozeni" celkem presvedcive. Pokud tobe ne, co se
                      da jeste rici o pouziti tech dvou vyrazu v tvem prekladu, co
                      by priblizilo, jak tomu vlastne rikat? Neco malo jsem o
                      tehle vecech jiz prekladal...

                      Jirka Bolech
                    • Petr Jarolím
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 4, 2003
                        Ahoj Jirko,

                        to oblozeni se mi libi taky, ale asi bude nutno vylozene rozlisovat v
                        kontextu: inner panneling z plastu bude asi plastovy vylisek,
                        inner panelling z kuze bude asi kozene vnitrni oblozeni nebo calouneni
                        (viz Matej), panneling u podbehu bude asi kryt, pannelling z plechu bude
                        jenom plech, akorat ne vzdy vim, co je z ceho
                        divala jsem se googlu na znackove prodejce a ani oni nejsou zdalena
                        jednotni...

                        Hanka