THANKs - TERM: resitel

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2003
      Thanks, guys: Kostas, Martin, Petr (in the order of
      appearance). Some more contributions may arrive, but at the
      moment I'm inclided to using Petr's suggestion, "project
      researcher"; I failed to mention that the complete
      expression throughout my text is often "resitel projektu"
      and it's not academic projects. I'm trying to ask the client
      what exactly it means. "Bidder" has occurred to me too. I've
      seen "project manager", which sounds natural, too:
      http://webarchiv.nkp.cz/index-e.html.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2003
        IMHO Project manager is a somewhat clearer (as to what they do) position
        than resitel. And they usually do just that (manage a project), "resi
        akorat, kdo co udela, ale ne jak to bude", that would be projektovy manager,
        vedouci projektu, etc.

        Project researcher sounds best (of the suggested terms), but it does seems
        like he's the guy who does the research, and then someone takes over, does
        the fun bit and gets the credit.... It would do for academical projects??

        But come on, what project is this? What does the person do with/for the
        project?? There must be more info somewhere??

        In extreme Ing (as in engineer) speak, I've seen resitel projektu for an
        architect, a city planner, etc., who gets a team of people working on a
        large project, like traffic control, town planning, redevelopment of large
        areas, etc., it could even be an architectural studio, etc.

        In that case it could be project coordinator, main designer, etc. etc.,
        depends on the type of project and what they do..

        just by 2p's

        Matej

      • melvyn.geo <zehrovak@dr.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2003
          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Matej Klimes" <mklimes@m...> wrote:
          > IMHO Project manager is a somewhat clearer (as to what they do) position than resitel.

          Oznaceni "Project Director" se asi take da pouzit.

          Nasel jsem jeden zdroj informace, ktery ti asi pomuze s rozhodovanim:

          Wideman Comparative Glossary of Project Management Terms
          www.pmforum.org/library/glossary/PMG_P10.htm

          S pozdravem,

          M.
          ---
          melvyn clarke - podtext lepsi nez text
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2003
            More thanks to Matej and Melvyn for pitching in. It turns
            out from my client's reply they are used to using "project
            team". It's perhaps because the projects at issue are of
            different natures and not all of them alike so a
            general-purpose expression is required. I hope the
            discussion wasn't useless though, especially Matej's
            suggestions are very inspirating. I've checked out the
            Wideman website's glossary and it's a very good one too.