[Czechlist] TERM: Option for licence

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Does anyone know this term? Is it anything specific - as "licencni opce",
      etc? The "license" relates to intellectual property.

      Some context:
      Option for License; Right of First Refusal. Institution grants to ILEX a
      first option to execute an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-bearing license,
      with the right to grant sublicenses, to Institution's undivided one-half
      interest in the Developments.

      Thank you,

      Kostas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        Maybe I am missing obvious, but I think it's not that complicated. Once the
        Institution comes up with an invention, ILEX has the option to buy a license
        for the stuff or refuse. Only upon refusal, the Inst. can sell it to someone
        else.

        I would go with something like Opce na licenci, licencni opce.

        hth