colleague

  • Tony Long
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 1960
      Simon wrote:
      'I think Michael was accusing himself of lying, not you; wasn't he just
      using
      your list of genuine occupations as a springboard for his own whimsical list
      of false occupations?

      In my experience, Michael is as polite and good-natured as one would expect
      of a southern gentlemen.'

      Thank you for the kind and seasonably appropriate comment, Simon, although I
      find Michael's language usage somewhat incompatible with it. However, the
      apology musket is fully reamed, tamped, and primed. It awaits only some
      evidence of the aforementioned politeness and good nature - just what we'd
      all expect of a southern gentleman - to be cocked and fired.

      Best

      Tony