Re: [Czechlist] English native speakers (attorneys) please judge this paragraph

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002

      >>. . . the *it* when referring to ["Customer"]
      >>
      > . . . T. . . . on legal language . . ..

      Thanks, but with all due respect to the former U.S. President who made
      "is" an example of "legal" language, I'll leave "it" to the general
      style-consciousness of the group and not claim it for lawyers alone.
      :-) Repetition of "customer" is another option, as you note; so is use
      of a personal pronoun.

      "Legal" is a funny area. In the sample Helga gave, the problems mostly
      weren't with use of the wrong legal terminology; they were with basic
      grammar issues that would have existed identically if the text had been
      about farming.