Re: [Czechlist] horizontal accountability - political meaning!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi Helga,

      > xxx vidí v dobre fungujíci opozici, která získala
      dostatecnou podporu
      > volicstva, moznost, jak zvýsit horizontal accountability

      I suppose the expression means that the people at issue
      (some politicians) are accounable to their peers, that is
      other people (politicians) at the same organizational level
      as opposed to superordinates or subordinates. My impression
      is that the word "horizontalni" is used for this purpose in
      Czech plentifully, so perhaps "horizontalni zodpovednost"
      (horizonta'lni' zodpove^dnost), however weird it might
      sound.

      Jirka Bolech
    • Helga Humlova
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        Jirko, dik - prave ze to snelo tak "wired" mne nechalo vahat!

        Helga

        > xxx vidí v dobre fungujíci opozici, která získala
        dostatecnou podporu
        > volicstva, moznost, jak zvýsit horizontal accountability

        I suppose the expression means that the people at issue
        (some politicians) are accounable to their peers, that is
        other people (politicians) at the same organizational level
        as opposed to superordinates or subordinates. My impression
        is that the word "horizontalni" is used for this purpose in
        Czech plentifully, so perhaps "horizontalni zodpovednost"
        (horizonta'lni' zodpove^dnost), however weird it might
        sound.

        Czechlist resources:

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com