horizontal accountability - political meaning!

  • Helga Humlova
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi list,

      this time it is a speach on the political environment in the CR

      Can anyone please explain what horizontal accountability is? How would I say
      this in Czech (yes, of course I have to put it into German, but even the
      Czech equivalent would be of great help)

      Here the sentence:
      xxx vidí v dobre fungujíci opozici, která získala dostatecnou podporu
      volicstva, moznost, jak zvýsit horizontal accountability

      Thanks
      Helga
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        Hi Helga,

        > xxx vidí v dobre fungujíci opozici, která získala
        dostatecnou podporu
        > volicstva, moznost, jak zvýsit horizontal accountability

        I suppose the expression means that the people at issue
        (some politicians) are accounable to their peers, that is
        other people (politicians) at the same organizational level
        as opposed to superordinates or subordinates. My impression
        is that the word "horizontalni" is used for this purpose in
        Czech plentifully, so perhaps "horizontalni zodpovednost"
        (horizonta'lni' zodpove^dnost), however weird it might
        sound.

        Jirka Bolech
      • Helga Humlova
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
          Jirko, dik - prave ze to snelo tak "wired" mne nechalo vahat!

          Helga

          > xxx vidí v dobre fungujíci opozici, která získala
          dostatecnou podporu
          > volicstva, moznost, jak zvýsit horizontal accountability

          I suppose the expression means that the people at issue
          (some politicians) are accounable to their peers, that is
          other people (politicians) at the same organizational level
          as opposed to superordinates or subordinates. My impression
          is that the word "horizontalni" is used for this purpose in
          Czech plentifully, so perhaps "horizontalni zodpovednost"
          (horizonta'lni' zodpove^dnost), however weird it might
          sound.

          Czechlist resources:

          Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com