Re: Encrypted poem

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2002
      OK, I am adding the full text for those who had troubles with the link.
      Just the last question, can you see any rhyme or syllable rhytm in it? Or
      it's just a fluent text full of lofty words, split into rows?

      M:

      Anything can happen. You know how Jupiter

      will mostly wait for clouds to gather head

      before he hurls the lightning? Well, just now,

      he galloped his thunder-cart and his horses

      across a clear blue sky. It shook the earth

      and the clogged underearth, the River Styx,

      the winding streams, the Atlantic shore itself.

      Anything can happen, the tallest things

      be overturned, those in high places daunted,

      those overlooked esteemed. Stropped-beak Fortune

      swoops, making the air gasp, tearing off

      crests for sport, letting them drop wherever.

      Ground gives. The heaven's weight

      lifts up off Atlas like a kettle lid,

      capstones shift, nothing resettles right.

      Telluric ash and fire-spores boil away.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2002
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "Martin Janda" <mjanda@g...> wrote:
        > OK, I am adding the full text for those who had troubles with the link.
        > Just the last question, can you see any rhyme or syllable rhytm in it?

        Rekl bych, ze pouziva rytma a spady kazdodenni reci, ale pouziva je velmi u=
        cinne v kombinaci s tim hezkym vytribenym jazykem. Je casto citit zdravy pri=
        rozeny iambicky puls (ti tum ti tum ti tum), ale vsimni si jak tento spodni =
        proud se nekdy rusi dramatickym trochaickym zpusobem (TUM ti tum ti tum).

        > or it's just a fluent text full of lofty words, split into rows?

        PURRRRosim Te!! :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2002
          Ouch - jamby a trochantery, toho jsem se prave bal! Ale moc diky za
          varovani....
          Jdu pocitat slabiky.

          =