Re: [Czechlist] TERM: branded equivalents and various jobs

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2002
      Ahoj Martine,

      Co takhle:

      > *Engineering* Technika ?

      No, to je tezke, engineering je cokoli technickeho, stavebnictvi,
      strojirenstvi, atd, asi ta technika..... ale tezko to muze byt chapano jako
      nazev oboru - kdyz nekdo zamestna stavare aby navrhoval auta, moc dobre to
      nedopadne...

      > *Engineering* and surveying Technika a pruzkum ?

      Survey, surveying are often used for what we call geologicky pruzkum (what
      lies underneath and can we build on it??) AND for what we call geodeticke
      mereni/pruzkum (where what is, or where will we build what - the guys
      running around with orange poles) - since it comes up here in combination
      with engineering, I wouldn't be affraid to use: "Stavebni inzenyrstvi a
      geodezie" ???

      > *Business Development* Rozvoj obchodu?

      Co takhle firemni rozvoj, rozvoj firmy, poradenstvi pri tomtez...??? I think
      you're developing business opportunities, i.e. making your business wok in
      more areas, more efficiently, etc, when you do business
      development......rozvoj obchodu is too generic

      Matej

      > TIA
      > Martin

      > Czechlist resources:

    • Jan Rozek
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2002
        Hello,

        I'd like to suggest that perhaps they mean "(Building) Engineering and
        (Land) Surveying", which is a quite common term (see Google), and that
        would mean "(stavebni) inzenyrstvi a zememericstvi/geodezie".

        HTH,
        Jan Rozek

        *Engineering* Technika ?