Re: TERM: affirmative resolution procedure

  • karel6005
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hereby I am responding to myself because in the meantime I have found
      something about Canada at Google Glossary:

      "In an Act, this expression, when used in relation to a regulation,
      means that the regulation shall be laid before the House of Commons
      within the prescribed period of time and shall not come into force
      unless and until it is affirmed by a resolution of the House of
      Commons introduced and passed in accordance with the rules of that
      House."

      http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/process/house/glossary/a_l-
      e.htm

      This makes the procedure more understandable for me but still any
      suggestions for an appropriate Czech equivalent are highly welcome.

      TIA

      Karel