TERM: affirmative resolution procedure

  • karel6005
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi all (= experts on UK parliamentary procedures),

      There is a procedure in the Parliament in the UK for the adoption of
      legislation, which is called as above. I assume it requires i.a. the
      approval of both Houses of the Parliament, see e.g.:

      http://www.parliament.the-stationery-
      office.co.uk/pa/cm/cmsilist/cmsilist.htm

      but still I am rather far from understanding the principle and even
      farther from having an idea about any appropriate equivalent in Czech
      (if any). If anybody proficient in these matters could drop few lines
      on the list it would help me a lot.

      Thanks and BR

      Karel
    • karel6005
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hereby I am responding to myself because in the meantime I have found
        something about Canada at Google Glossary:

        "In an Act, this expression, when used in relation to a regulation,
        means that the regulation shall be laid before the House of Commons
        within the prescribed period of time and shall not come into force
        unless and until it is affirmed by a resolution of the House of
        Commons introduced and passed in accordance with the rules of that
        House."

        http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/process/house/glossary/a_l-
        e.htm

        This makes the procedure more understandable for me but still any
        suggestions for an appropriate Czech equivalent are highly welcome.

        TIA

        Karel