Re: [Czechlist] Help: Culinary Terms

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2002
      Hi Coilin,

      Re crudites - could that be a "kureci salat", that is, (a few) chunks of
      chicken (roasted or whatever) with (a lot of) strips of raw veg?

      > Pomerančové zelí
      My guess is a lot of cabbage with several orange slices, just for look,
      flavour and name (for the rest, especially the pub's budget, there is the
      cabbage :-)

      But if I were in your shoes, I would try to get the name of
      client/restaurant. I doubt they would be reluctant to give a proper
      explanation, if you tell them their English menu will be messed up
      otherwise.

      Concerning the bad day in Blackrock - is this just an Irish saying without
      any connotation, or does that refer to qualities of the local clinic?