Re: [Czechlist] Typography II and thanks

  • Dusan Papousek
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      Typography has a difficult terminology and I was obliged to contact highly
      specialized experts to solve the problem. Perhaps somebody on the list will
      find the following terms useful for his/her work.

      nakladaci soutisk = feeding register
      predavaci soutisk = transfer register or register betwen printing units
      soutisk v plose = area register
      smyk = slur
      dublovani = doubling
      narust tiskoveho bodu = (printing dot) gain ( Jarda Hejzlar was right,
      thanks)
      ubytek barvy ve smeru tisku = colour fall off in the direction of printing
      s^ablonovani = patterning
      pruhovani v plose = streaking on the surface (You goti , Kostas, almost -
      thanks)
      archovy offsetovy tisk = sheet offset printing
      tiskarska barva = ink (but a printing machine prints colours!)
      tiskova deska = printing plate
      tiskovy arch - printing sheet
      bocni naloz^ka - side lay
      vlhcici roztok = wetting solution

      D. P.
      P.S. I don't know why, but Google was of little help in this case.

      Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:49:28 +0100
      From: "Dusan Papousek" <Papousek@...>
      Subject: Re: Typography, help needed urgently

      Could you please help me with the translation of the following terms:

      nakladaci soutisk (soutisk = register, register of colours)
      predavaci soutisk
      zkouska soutisku v plose
      narust tiskoveho bodu
      sablonovani
      zkouska pruhovani v plose

      Message: 10
      Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:13:47 +0100
      From: "Jaroslav Hejzlar" <hejzlar@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: Typography, help needed urgently

      Hello, Dusan!
      narust tiskoveho bodu = dot gain
      unfortunately I have not my dictionary on me just now and I am afraid
      without it I cannot help yout with the other terms.
      Jarda Hejzlar
      Could you please help me with the translation of the following terms:

      nakladaci soutisk (soutisk = register, register of colours)
      predavaci soutisk
      zkouska soutisku v plose
      narust tiskoveho bodu
      sablonovani
      zkouska pruhovani v plose

      Thnaks to all who will help me.

      D. P.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message: 11
      Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:41:28 +0100
      From: "Kostas Zgafas" <kzgafas@...>

      I tried to figure out possible expressions with the help of the
      Cz-EngTechnical Dict.

      > nakladaci soutisk (soutisk = register, register of colours)

      > predavaci soutisk
      transfer register?

      > zkouska soutisku v plose
      flat register test?

      > narust tiskoveho bodu
      increase of typographical point?

      > sablonovani
      template drafting?

      > zkouska pruhovani v plose
      flat stripping test?, flat streaking test?

      Kostas