Re: [Czechlist] under reference

  • Petr Jarolím
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
      Thanks for your suggestions, Michael, Coilin and Martina!

      The bank is CSOB. C.j. (cislo jednaci) does not fit the context, so I will
      probably go for "odpovidajici symbol" to cover both "specificky" and
      "variabilni" symbols.
      regards

      Hana

      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
        Hi Vladimire,

        tak muj LEO (NJ-AJ) quite clearly tells me that "undershoot" means
        "unterschreiten" and my WinGed tells me that in Czech this means
        "nedosahovat" neboli zustat pod limitem".

        With other words, the company had certain economic goals which they because
        auf the recession in the US were not able to achieve.
        Nebo lamanou cestinou: firma nedocilela/nedosahla planovane vysledky s
        duvodu spatne ekonomicke situace v USA.

        H.

        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
          Pomuze nekdo s prelozenim vety:
          ".... was removed after the company undershooted the 2001 growth targets due
          the US weakness."
          hlavne to slovicko "undershoot", zadny vyznam z dostupnych slovniku mi tam
          nesedi.

          Dekuji

          Vladimir Lopata

          ---
          Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
            Tak to odhadni z kontextu. Stanovila si velke cile, a kdyz prisla recese,
            tak je proste nesplnila, ne?

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
              To se mi libi !
              Dekuji.

              V.L.

            • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                In a message dated 10/4/02 3:18:56 AM, lopa@... writes:

                >Pomuze nekdo s prelozenim vety:
                >".... was removed after the company undershooted the 2001 growth targets
                >due the US weakness."

                How did they get the past tense as "undershooted"?! That's a five-year-old's
                form! It should be "undershot".

                Jamie
              • Helga Humlova
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                  BUT www.leo.org <http://www.leo.org/> still knows it - which means that
                  probably the German speaking population of this continent still uses it. :-)

                  I know we are a bit behind on the old continent..

                  Helga

                  >".... was removed after the company undershooted the 2001 growth targets
                  >due the US weakness."

                  How did they get the past tense as "undershooted"?! That's a
                  five-year-old's
                  form! It should be "undershot".

                  Czechlist resources:

                  Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • Vladimír Lopata
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                    Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                    Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today :-)

                    Vladimir

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                      --- In Czechlist@y..., "Helga Humlova" <helga.humlova@c...> wrote:
                      > BUT www.leo.org <http://www.leo.org/> still knows it -

                      It told me: die Suche nach undershooted lieferte für die eingestellten Opti=
                      onen kein Ergebnis. I guess I just haven't got the hang of this advanced tec=
                      hnology.

                      --- In Czechlist@y..., Vladimír Lopata <lopa@o...> wrote:
                      > Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                      > Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today :=
                      -)

                      Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I bet=
                      he was glad to get rid of it.

                      M.
                    • Helga Humlova
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                        Melvyn,
                        you are right, as always, I went back to this search and found I had entered
                        undershoot.
                        But anyway – Vladimir got a clue of what was meant and I again showed my
                        incompetence :-))
                        H.

                        It told me: die Suche nach undershooted lieferte für die eingestellten Opti=
                        onen kein Ergebnis. I guess I just haven't got the hang of this advanced
                        tec=
                        hnology.

                        --- In Czechlist@y..., Vladimír Lopata <lopa@o...> wrote:
                        > Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                        > Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today :=
                        -)

                        Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I bet=
                        he was glad to get rid of it.

                        M.

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050435
                        88:HM/A=1213956/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/grp/300_Cquo1/g22lp?Tar
                        get=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

                        Czechlist resources:

                        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                      • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                          > > Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                          > > Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today
                          :=
                          > -)
                          >
                          > Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I
                          bet=
                          > he was glad to get rid of it.
                          >
                          > M.

                          Or, as they say in Dublin, "if he had brains he'd be dangerous"

                          Tell the client that the person who wrote the orginal should be shooted :-)

                          Hezky vikend

                          Coilin
                        • Michael Grant
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                            On 10/4/02 5:18 AM, "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...> wrote:

                            > Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I bet=
                            >
                            > he was glad to get rid of it.

                            Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on your
                            desk?

                            Bwahaha.
                            Michael

                            --
                            "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
                            - C.S. Lewis
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 6, 2002
                              Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on your
                              desk?
                              Now this is disgusting

                              --
                              "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
                              - C.S. Lewis

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229441.2397090.3822005.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050435
                              88:HM/A=1189558/R=0/*http://www.bmgmusic.com/acq/ee/q6/enroll/mhn/9/>

                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229441.2397090.3822005.2225242/D=egroupmai
                              l/S=:HM/A=1189558/rand=787855493>

                              Czechlist resources:
                              <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/Intro.html>

                              Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                                --- In Czechlist@y..., Gertrude Jicinska <gjicinska@c...> wrote:

                                > Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on your
                                > desk?

                                > Now this is disgusting

                                Yes, good isn't it? :) Do you know any other amusing put-downs? Can anybody improve on "ses blbej jako pul kila tvarohu" or "ses blbej jak daleko vidis"?

                                A prize for the most amusing and/or disgusting entry.

                                Melvyn - lowering the tone again.
                              • Rubková
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                                  What about "ses blbej jako puc^tok"

                                  Sarka

                                  > Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on
                                  your
                                  > desk?

                                  > Now this is disgusting

                                  Yes, good isn't it? :) Do you know any other amusing put-downs? Can anybody
                                  improve on "ses blbej jako pul kila tvarohu" or "ses blbej jak daleko
                                  vidis"?

                                  A prize for the most amusing and/or disgusting entry.

                                  Melvyn - lowering the tone again.

                                  Czechlist resources:

                                  Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                                  ---
                                  Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

                                  ---
                                  Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
                                • Otto Pacholik
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 9, 2002
                                    > What about "ses blbej jako puc^tok"

                                    A co je to take one puc^tok? Pouc nevedomeho ;-)

                                    Ahoj

                                    Otto
                                  • Rubková
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 9, 2002
                                      Tohle uslovi znam jiz dlouho. Po delsim patrani jsme prisli na to, ze se
                                      tento termin nejspis tykal nejakeho predmetu ve stavarine (myslime si, ze to
                                      byl kbelik nebo kad na vapno, ale jestli je to vskutku tak, nevim.

                                      Sarka