Re: [Czechlist] under reference

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
      > Dear all!
      >
      > Could you help me please? I am looking for the Czech translation of "under
      > reference" in the following sentence.
      > Does is stand for "specificky symbol" or "variabilni symbol"? Any
      > suggestions will be appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you
      > Hana
      >
      > Any amount due under this Loan will be repaid by the Borrower to the Bank
      in
      > Czech Korunas (CZK) in immediately available funds on the account n° [to
      be
      > completed] of the Bank, under reference [to be completed].

      I hate making suggestions without much context, but it looks to me that the
      reference is probably going to be some sort of reference number (cislo
      jednaci) for the the transaction in question. Would "pod c.j." be too
      slavish a rendering? Otherwise, I guess it is some sort of "variabilni
      symbol" as you yourself suggest.

      Best regards

      Coilin
    • martina.jakubova@email.cz
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
        I would say it depends on which bank we talking about. If it has anything to do with CS, then I would go for specificky symbol, otherwise I prefer variabilni symbol....

        Just a suggestion;-)

        Martina

        Nejširší nabídka PC komponent v ČR - http://www.levi.cz Neváhejte a srovnejte možnosti dnešního hardware.
      • Petr Jarolím
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
          Thanks for your suggestions, Michael, Coilin and Martina!

          The bank is CSOB. C.j. (cislo jednaci) does not fit the context, so I will
          probably go for "odpovidajici symbol" to cover both "specificky" and
          "variabilni" symbols.
          regards

          Hana

          > I would say it depends on which bank we talking about. If it has anything
          to do with CS, then I would go for specificky symbol, otherwise I prefer
          variabilni symbol....

          > Just a suggestion;-)
          >
          > Martina

          > Czechlist resources:

        • Helga Humlova
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
            Hi Vladimire,

            tak muj LEO (NJ-AJ) quite clearly tells me that "undershoot" means
            "unterschreiten" and my WinGed tells me that in Czech this means
            "nedosahovat" neboli zustat pod limitem".

            With other words, the company had certain economic goals which they because
            auf the recession in the US were not able to achieve.
            Nebo lamanou cestinou: firma nedocilela/nedosahla planovane vysledky s
            duvodu spatne ekonomicke situace v USA.

            H.

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
              Pomuze nekdo s prelozenim vety:
              ".... was removed after the company undershooted the 2001 growth targets due
              the US weakness."
              hlavne to slovicko "undershoot", zadny vyznam z dostupnych slovniku mi tam
              nesedi.

              Dekuji

              Vladimir Lopata

              ---
              Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                Tak to odhadni z kontextu. Stanovila si velke cile, a kdyz prisla recese,
                tak je proste nesplnila, ne?

                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                  To se mi libi !
                  Dekuji.

                  V.L.

                • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                    In a message dated 10/4/02 3:18:56 AM, lopa@... writes:

                    >Pomuze nekdo s prelozenim vety:
                    >".... was removed after the company undershooted the 2001 growth targets
                    >due the US weakness."

                    How did they get the past tense as "undershooted"?! That's a five-year-old's
                    form! It should be "undershot".

                    Jamie
                  • Helga Humlova
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                      BUT www.leo.org <http://www.leo.org/> still knows it - which means that
                      probably the German speaking population of this continent still uses it. :-)

                      I know we are a bit behind on the old continent..

                      Helga

                      >".... was removed after the company undershooted the 2001 growth targets
                      >due the US weakness."

                      How did they get the past tense as "undershooted"?! That's a
                      five-year-old's
                      form! It should be "undershot".

                      Czechlist resources:

                      Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    • Vladimír Lopata
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                        Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                        Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today :-)

                        Vladimir

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                          --- In Czechlist@y..., "Helga Humlova" <helga.humlova@c...> wrote:
                          > BUT www.leo.org <http://www.leo.org/> still knows it -

                          It told me: die Suche nach undershooted lieferte für die eingestellten Opti=
                          onen kein Ergebnis. I guess I just haven't got the hang of this advanced tec=
                          hnology.

                          --- In Czechlist@y..., Vladimír Lopata <lopa@o...> wrote:
                          > Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                          > Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today :=
                          -)

                          Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I bet=
                          he was glad to get rid of it.

                          M.
                        • Helga Humlova
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                            Melvyn,
                            you are right, as always, I went back to this search and found I had entered
                            undershoot.
                            But anyway – Vladimir got a clue of what was meant and I again showed my
                            incompetence :-))
                            H.

                            It told me: die Suche nach undershooted lieferte für die eingestellten Opti=
                            onen kein Ergebnis. I guess I just haven't got the hang of this advanced
                            tec=
                            hnology.

                            --- In Czechlist@y..., Vladimír Lopata <lopa@o...> wrote:
                            > Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                            > Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today :=
                            -)

                            Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I bet=
                            he was glad to get rid of it.

                            M.

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050435
                            88:HM/A=1213956/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/grp/300_Cquo1/g22lp?Tar
                            get=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                              > > Received from the client YESTERDAY !
                              > > Maybe it was written 5 years ago and they decide to translate today
                              :=
                              > -)
                              >
                              > Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I
                              bet=
                              > he was glad to get rid of it.
                              >
                              > M.

                              Or, as they say in Dublin, "if he had brains he'd be dangerous"

                              Tell the client that the person who wrote the orginal should be shooted :-)

                              Hezky vikend

                              Coilin
                            • Michael Grant
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 4, 2002
                                On 10/4/02 5:18 AM, "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...> wrote:

                                > Reminds me of the old joke: you have the brain of a five-year-old and I bet=
                                >
                                > he was glad to get rid of it.

                                Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on your
                                desk?

                                Bwahaha.
                                Michael

                                --
                                "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
                                - C.S. Lewis
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 6, 2002
                                  Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on your
                                  desk?
                                  Now this is disgusting

                                  --
                                  "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
                                  - C.S. Lewis

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229441.2397090.3822005.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050435
                                  88:HM/A=1189558/R=0/*http://www.bmgmusic.com/acq/ee/q6/enroll/mhn/9/>

                                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229441.2397090.3822005.2225242/D=egroupmai
                                  l/S=:HM/A=1189558/rand=787855493>

                                  Czechlist resources:
                                  <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/Intro.html>

                                  Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                                    --- In Czechlist@y..., Gertrude Jicinska <gjicinska@c...> wrote:

                                    > Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on your
                                    > desk?

                                    > Now this is disgusting

                                    Yes, good isn't it? :) Do you know any other amusing put-downs? Can anybody improve on "ses blbej jako pul kila tvarohu" or "ses blbej jak daleko vidis"?

                                    A prize for the most amusing and/or disgusting entry.

                                    Melvyn - lowering the tone again.
                                  • Rubková
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                                      What about "ses blbej jako puc^tok"

                                      Sarka

                                      > Is that anything like having the heart of a small child... in a jar on
                                      your
                                      > desk?

                                      > Now this is disgusting

                                      Yes, good isn't it? :) Do you know any other amusing put-downs? Can anybody
                                      improve on "ses blbej jako pul kila tvarohu" or "ses blbej jak daleko
                                      vidis"?

                                      A prize for the most amusing and/or disgusting entry.

                                      Melvyn - lowering the tone again.

                                      Czechlist resources:

                                      Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                                      ---
                                      Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

                                      ---
                                      Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
                                    • Otto Pacholik
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 9, 2002
                                        > What about "ses blbej jako puc^tok"

                                        A co je to take one puc^tok? Pouc nevedomeho ;-)

                                        Ahoj

                                        Otto
                                      • Rubková
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 9, 2002
                                          Tohle uslovi znam jiz dlouho. Po delsim patrani jsme prisli na to, ze se
                                          tento termin nejspis tykal nejakeho predmetu ve stavarine (myslime si, ze to
                                          byl kbelik nebo kad na vapno, ale jestli je to vskutku tak, nevim.

                                          Sarka