Urgent help needed

  • martina.jakubova@email.cz
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
      hello everybody!

      Can you enlighten me on correct usage of the abbreviations min./max. in English? Do I put in front of the number (i.e. max. 200)?

      Does anyone know an I-net site where I could find such tips?

      Thanx

      Martina

      Nejširší nabídka PC komponent v ČR - http://www.levi.cz Neváhejte a srovnejte možnosti dnešního hardware.
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
        AFAIK they don't exist as abbreviations in Eng. and you must use minimum
        of.... maximum of, at least, not more, etc. etc.

        Matej

      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
          In a message dated 10/2/02 4:55:15 AM, mklimes@... writes:

          >AFAIK they don't exist as abbreviations in Eng. and you must use minimum
          >of.... maximum of, at least, not more, etc. etc.

          Min. and max. DO exist as abbreviations in English! Whether or not they come
          in front of the number or after depends on the context, so I'll need to know
          what sort of text your figures are in before I can tell you how to place them
          with the number.

          Jamie
        • MaJa
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
            On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 JPKIRCHNER@... wrote:
            They are in a price list, i.e. not a text...
            Thanks for your help!

            Martina

            > In a message dated 10/2/02 4:55:15 AM, mklimes@... writes:
            >
            > >AFAIK they don't exist as abbreviations in Eng. and you must use minimum
            > >of.... maximum of, at least, not more, etc. etc.
            >
            > Min. and max. DO exist as abbreviations in English! Whether or not they come
            > in front of the number or after depends on the context, so I'll need to know
            > what sort of text your figures are in before I can tell you how to place them
            > with the number.

            > Czechlist resources:

            MaJa
          • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
              In a message dated 10/2/02 7:45:08 AM, martina@... writes:

              >They are in a price list, i.e. not a text...

              Show me a typical entry.

              Jamie
            • MaJa
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                here's a sample off the price list:

                Transactions on Foreign Currency Accounts

                1. Cash withdrawal in the account currency 0.5%, 15 000 max.

                2. Cash withdrawal in other currency than the account currency
                2%, 50 min.

                3. Cash deposit in the account currency 0.25%, 5 000 max.

                4. Cash deposit in other currency than the account currency
                1%, 30 min.

                5. Cash processing according to contracted agreement on cash deposit
                into client's account or in case of regular cash deposits into client's
                account 1% of the processed amount, 900 min.

                M.
              • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                  They look fine to me the way you have them, except that you need to put commas instead of spaces in the thousand figures.

                  Jamie

                  In a message dated Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:31:47 +0200 (CEST), martina@... writes:

                  > here's a sample off the price list:
                  >
                  > Transactions on Foreign Currency Accounts
                  >
                  > 1. Cash withdrawal in the account currency 0.5%, 15 000 max.
                  >
                  > 2. Cash withdrawal in other currency than the account currency
                  > 2%, 50 min.
                  >
                  > 3. Cash deposit in the account currency 0.25%, 5 000 max.
                  >
                  > 4. Cash deposit in other currency than the account currency
                  > 1%, 30 min.
                  >
                  > 5. Cash processing according to contracted agreement on cash deposit
                  > into client's account or in case of regular cash deposits into client's
                  > account 1% of the processed amount, 900 min.
                  >

                  > M.

                  > Czechlist resources:

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • MaJa
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                    On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 JPKIRCHNER@... wrote:

                    Jamie, thanks a lot for your help!

                    Martina

                    > They look fine to me the way you have them, except that you need to put commas instead of spaces in the thousand figures.
                    >
                    > Jamie
                    >
                    > In a message dated Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:31:47 +0200 (CEST), martina@... writes:
                    >

                    > > here's a sample off the price list:
                    > >
                    > > Transactions on Foreign Currency Accounts
                    > >
                    > > 1. Cash withdrawal in the account currency 0.5%, 15 000 max.
                    > >
                    > > 2. Cash withdrawal in other currency than the account currency
                    > > 2%, 50 min.
                    > >
                    > > 3. Cash deposit in the account currency 0.25%, 5 000 max.
                    > >
                    > > 4. Cash deposit in other currency than the account currency
                    > > 1%, 30 min.
                    > >
                    > > 5. Cash processing according to contracted agreement on cash deposit
                    > > into client's account or in case of regular cash deposits into client's
                    > > account 1% of the processed amount, 900 min.
                    > >

                    > > M.

                    > > Czechlist resources:
                    > > http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/Intro.html

                    > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > Czechlist resources:

                    MaJa
                  • Michael Grant
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                      There does seem to be something a little strange here--is the maximum fee
                      really 15,000 of whatever currency the account is in, whether it's British
                      pounds or Italian lira? Normally you'd need to have a currency symbol before
                      the amount. I would also slightly prefer to see 'max.' and 'min.' before the
                      amount (and before the currency symbol).

                      Michael

                      --
                      "Et le peuple ému répondit..."
                      "The purple emu laid another egg..."