Xlators

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 1999
      Hi there,

      Maybe I should introduce myself a bit first: My name's Jirka Bolech and I
      live in Liberec, Czech Republic. I'm forty and have been a self-employed EFL
      teacher and Czech/English translator and interpreter since December 1991.
      I'm an electronic engineer (not a college graduate, though) by original
      profession.

      If you haven't received a message about this Xlator server, you might want
      to check it out at http://www.xlator.cz

      Looking forward to talk to all of you from time to time

      Yours

      Jirka
    • Kostas Zgafas
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 1999
        > If you haven't received a message about this Xlator server, you might want
        > to check it out at http://www.xlator.cz

        I have received their announcement. What they are trying is I believe very
        promising undertaking; it should help in shifting certain volume of work
        away from agencies operating without an added value, and maybe this is the
        way how more and more clients will be submitting their translation orders in
        future (bypassing agencies without an added value), thus preserving more
        financial resources for translators and for agencies operating with an added
        value.

        However; to accomplish this is quite laborious task, and they look as they
        are just starting.

        Kostas