Re: Lustration

  • amilk_ie
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hello Martin

      Thanks for the welcome. Alastair has been in touch.
      I'm actually from Tipperary - no 'it's a long way to Tipperary'
      jokes, please.
      Bad luck I'm afraid to talk about books yet to be written - like the
      Scottish word in the theatre! But it's set in South Moravia in 1992
      and it's about an Irish/Czech woman who lives in England and ....
      Now, I bet you're sorry you asked!
      The books I have actually completed have all been for young adults
      and have been translated into six languages - but not Czech - so
      what am I doing here? Anyone like to buy a book - money-back offer
      i.e your money goes in my back pocket!
      I'm completing my first book for adults at present and if I live
      through the experience you might meet my complicated Irish/Czech
      lady heroine yet! Irish/German Czech actually and she goes to
      Moravia to ..... ENough is enough!
      I'm still looking for information/anecdotes/whatever
      on 'lustration', by the way.

      Cheers
      Mark

      --- In Czechlist@y..., "Martin Janda" <martinjanda@v...> wrote:
      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > Welcome aboard. I believe Alastair Millar could tell you more
      about Czech
      > archeology and its situation - not sure if he is still on list,
      but you may
      > try to reach him at alastair@i...
      >
      > Where are you from - Dublin, I suspect? And, maybe you would like
      to tell us
      > more about the book you are going to write.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Martin
      >
      > PS Hi to all listmates - I am just back from holidays

      Czech

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3, 2002
        Hello again Mark,

        > I'm actually from Tipperary - no 'it's a long way to Tipperary'
        > jokes, please.

        Not even the one about the rary bird? :(

        > But it's set in South Moravia in 1992
        > and it's about an Irish/Czech woman who lives in England and ....
        > Now, I bet you're sorry you asked!

        Aw go on...tell us more. What inspired you? Is she based on somebody you know?

        > The books I have actually completed have all been for young adults
        > and have been translated into six languages - but not Czech - so
        > what am I doing here? Anyone like to buy a book - money-back offer
        > i.e your money goes in my back pocket!

        Groan!

        > I'm completing my first book for adults at present and if I live
        > through the experience you might meet my complicated Irish/Czech
        > lady heroine yet! Irish/German Czech actually and she goes to
        > Moravia to ..... ENough is enough!
        > I'm still looking for information/anecdotes/whatever
        > on 'lustration', by the way.

        So tell us why she goes to Moravia and I'll tell you an anecdote.

        Martin wrote:

        > > PS Hi to all listmates - I am just back from holidays

        Hello Martin. Where have you been this time? Have you brought us any rock?

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 3, 2002
          Hi Mark,

          Looks like you are an exception from the sea of Dubliners I usually meet.
          Too bad, I've been only once and just for several hours in Tipperarry(I
          spent most of my stay in the Republic south of Dublin), though the name is
          quite famous even in Czechia :-)

          As to your book, well, maybe you could share some good parts with us in
          another yahoo list (rather chatting one, mostly with the same people) called
          Svepomoc. Could be interesting to see what Irish thinks of Moravia...:-)

          Regarding to lustrace, the problem is, most of the stuff is in Czech - but I
          run a Google query for "lustrace, language: English" and picked up the most
          promising hits:

          http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:tHDKp4i86NkC:ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/
          ~csees/publications/1996_13-03.pdf+lustrace&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

          http://www.cuni.cz/carolina/archive-en/Carolina-E-No-018.txt

          http://www.praguepost.com/P02/2002/20703/news3.php

          HTH

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3, 2002
            Hi Mel,

            Two weeks biking in Spain (resulting in a broken arm :-( ), and then 3
            weeks with my kids in the countryside, working a bit evenings with my
            laptop - but downloading e-mails via mobile phone is too painfully sloooow
            and damn expensive to stay in touch with Czechlist.
            No rocks, I am afraid. Perhaps several seashells... would you like some?

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 4, 2002
              Hey Melvyn

              Thanks for the information.

              But you ask many questions. Who you working for?

              The rary bird joke - go on tell us, I know you want to.

              She goes to Moravia to get away from a guy called - oddly enough -
              Melvyn! Boom! Boom!

              Mark

              --- In Czechlist@y..., "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@d...> wrote:
              > Hello again Mark,
              >
              > > I'm actually from Tipperary - no 'it's a long way to Tipperary'
              > > jokes, please.
              >
              > Not even the one about the rary bird? :(
              >
              > > But it's set in South Moravia in 1992
              > > and it's about an Irish/Czech woman who lives in England
              and ....
              > > Now, I bet you're sorry you asked!
              >
              > Aw go on...tell us more. What inspired you? Is she based on
              somebody you know?

              > > The books I have actually completed have all been for young
              adults
              > > and have been translated into six languages - but not Czech - so
              > > what am I doing here? Anyone like to buy a book - money-back
              offer
              > > i.e your money goes in my back pocket!
              >
              > Groan!
              >
              > > I'm completing my first book for adults at present and if I live
              > > through the experience you might meet my complicated Irish/Czech
              > > lady heroine yet! Irish/German Czech actually and she goes to
              > > Moravia to ..... ENough is enough!
              > > I'm still looking for information/anecdotes/whatever
              > > on 'lustration', by the way.
              >
              > So tell us why she goes to Moravia and I'll tell you an anecdote.
              > >
              > Martin wrote:
              > > >
              > > > PS Hi to all listmates - I am just back from holidays
              >
              > Hello Martin. Where have you been this time? Have you brought us
              any rock?

              > M.
            • amilk_ie
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 4, 2002
                Hello Martin

                Thanks for that info. 'Several hours' in Tipperary is just about
                long enough, I can assure you. Go to Kerry or Clare - they'll rob
                you blind but you'll have a good time while they do!
                I'll talk to you in the chat room some time,

                Mark

                p.s Don't tell Melvyn I was here!

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 4, 2002
                  --- In Czechlist@y..., "amilk_ie" <marksully@t...> wrote:

                  > Hey Melvyn
                  >
                  > Thanks for the information.
                  >
                  > But you ask many questions. Who you working for?

                  Zat vud be tellink.

                  > The rary bird joke - go on tell us, I know you want to.

                  Nah, it's not that funny, actually.

                  > She goes to Moravia to get away from a guy called - oddly enough -
                  > Melvyn! Boom! Boom!

                  Hmmm yes, I was wondering why I couldn't find any mention of your works anywhere. Anyway here's the anecdote I promised you:

                  mai.flora.org/forum/12146

                  Up to 10,000 people are expected at the Carnival Against Capital, which aims to disrupt the City <snip> The protesters have also recruited the Biotic Baking Brigade, notorious for throwing custard pies at leading figures.

                  The protest leaders are organised and well-versed in civil disobedience tactics. Key figures remain anonymous or use the codename Mark Sully, the name of a Metropolitan Police officer.

                  ---

                  Best of luck anyway ;)

                  M.
                  ---
                  Ve vant information, information, information...
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 6, 2002
                    Hi Michael,

                    Try these:

                    http://www.sursum.cz

                    http://www.forma.cz/

                    http://www.apolonakladatelstvi.cz/

                    HTH

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 7, 2002
                      On 9/6/02 4:14 AM, "Martin Janda" <martinjanda@...> wrote:

                      > Try these:
                      >
                      > http://www.sursum.cz
                      >
                      > http://www.forma.cz/
                      >
                      > http://www.apolonakladatelstvi.cz/

                      Diky moc Martine!
                      Michael

                      --
                      "We will use our technology to enhance uncertainty abroad."

                      - George W. Bush