Re: [Czechlist] THANKs POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY: Shannon (in Ireland)

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
      Once, again:

      My text is about a seminar on "innovation strategies" where
      a guy spoke about experience of some activities in the
      "Shannon Region" in Ireland. It sounds then like
      administrative division. One way or another, I suppose I'll
      use "Shannon Region.

      Thanks again, Coilin.

      Jirka Bolech
    • Simon Vaughan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        > My text is about a seminar on "innovation strategies" where
        > a guy spoke about experience of some activities in the
        > "Shannon Region" in Ireland. It sounds then like
        > administrative division.

        It could just be a tourist-board construct, or an EU one.

        > One way or another, I suppose I'll
        > use "Shannon Region.

        I wonder why the author of your text didn't translate 'the Shannon Region'
        as 'Poshannoni'. ;-|

        Simon