THANKs POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY: Shannon (in Ireland)

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
      Thanks, Coilin,

      I first overlooked your response to my question. See my
      context in the text.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        Once, again:

        My text is about a seminar on "innovation strategies" where
        a guy spoke about experience of some activities in the
        "Shannon Region" in Ireland. It sounds then like
        administrative division. One way or another, I suppose I'll
        use "Shannon Region.

        Thanks again, Coilin.

        Jirka Bolech
      • Simon Vaughan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
          > My text is about a seminar on "innovation strategies" where
          > a guy spoke about experience of some activities in the
          > "Shannon Region" in Ireland. It sounds then like
          > administrative division.

          It could just be a tourist-board construct, or an EU one.

          > One way or another, I suppose I'll
          > use "Shannon Region.

          I wonder why the author of your text didn't translate 'the Shannon Region'
          as 'Poshannoni'. ;-|

          Simon