POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY: Shannon (in Ireland)

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2 4:09 AM
      Hi there,

      I have a mention of "irsky region Shannon" in a Czech text.
      I wonder how I should render the word "region" into English
      since "Shannon" doesn't appear to be a county. I've only
      been able to find out there's a rivere there of that name.

      Jirka Bolech
    • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2 4:19 AM
        Hi Jirko,

        Do you have any more context? The Shannon is the longest river in Ireland
        and goes through a lot of different counties so I'm not sure if your region
        refers to the river as such.

        Two other possibilities are that the "Shannon region" refers to the area
        around Shannon airport near Limerick, or perhaps your context pertains to
        the Shannon shipping forecast area off the SE coast of Ireland.

        HTH

        Coilin
        > I have a mention of "irsky region Shannon" in a Czech text.
        > I wonder how I should render the word "region" into English
        > since "Shannon" doesn't appear to be a county. I've only
        > been able to find out there's a rivere there of that name.
        >
        > Jirka Bolech

      • Vlasta Palikova
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2 5:24 AM
          Pratele,
          nevite, co je to "N-Up printing"? Je to nejaky rezim tisku, ale nevim jaky.

          Diky, Vlasta
          ---
          Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
        • Zdenek Mikan
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2 6:30 AM
            Je to N stranek na jeden list papiru.

            Zdenek Mikan

            >Pratele,
            >nevite, co je to "N-Up printing"? Je to nejaky rezim tisku, ale nevim jaky.
            >
            >Diky, Vlasta
            >---
            >OdchozU zprŠva neobsahuje viry.
            >ZkontrolovŠno antivirovżm systťmem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
            >Verze: 6.0.384 / VirovŠ bŠze: 216 - datum vydŠnU: 21.8.2002

            >Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

          • Vlasta Palikova
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2 6:38 AM
              Diky! Vlasta

              ---
              Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2 8:10 AM
                Hi,

                Unless somebody corrects me, I will assume that the word
                region is good in English as well as in Czech
                (http://www.shannon-dev.ie/tourism/holidays/maps.htm).