Re: [Czechlist] Help: accounting terms

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2002
      Thanks Helga,

      Noit that I'm an expert, but when we translated Telecom's annual report the
      other say, their materials had Cistá zadluzenost translated as Net gearing
      and we found the following definitions for it:

      Net Gearing = (Interest Bearing Liabilities - Cash)/Shareholders'
      Equity(Total long term debt + short term debt - cash and cash equivalent) /
      total shareholders funds

      Does that make it impossible to translate Gearing (without the indication of
      gross/net) as zadluzenost????

      Anyone?

      Matej