Union Trust, credit union, withdrawal receipt

  • Helga Humlova
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
      Hi list,
      I'm back with financial questions!
      This time we are talking financial power of attorney

      No sophisticated translations of the whole sentence please (yes, it's going
      into German.), but an understandable info on what these actually are:
      *Union Trust* *credit union* *withdrawal receipt*

      I always thought that Union Trust is the same as Credit Union = something
      like a "druzstevni banka (zalozna)??????
      As to "withdrawal receipt" I thought this is the piece of paper you receive
      when you withdraw money, but after a look into my (probably kind of
      incomplete dictionary) I think it even could mean the "funds you receive
      when you withdraw money"...????

      Here is the sentence my questions come from:
      Bank and Union Trust Transactions: To make, receive, sign, endorse, execute,
      acknowledge, deliver, and possess checks, drafts, bills of exchange, letters
      of credit, notes, stock certificates, withdrawal receipts and deposit
      instruments relating to accounts or deposits in, or certificates of deposit
      of banks, savings and loans, credit unions, or other institutions or
      associations.

      Thanks guys!
      Helga
      (still under medication)

    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
        In a message dated 8/3/02 12:41:29 PM, helga.humlova@... writes:

        >I always thought that Union Trust is the same as Credit Union = something
        >like a "druzstevni banka (zalozna)??????

        I think Union Trust is the name of the credit union.

        >As to "withdrawal receipt" I thought this is the piece of paper you receive
        >when you withdraw money, but after a look into my (probably kind of
        >incomplete dictionary) I think it even could mean the "funds you receive
        >when you withdraw money"...????

        >Here is the sentence my questions come from:
        >Bank and Union Trust Transactions: To make, receive, sign, endorse, execute,
        >acknowledge, deliver, and possess checks, drafts, bills of exchange, letters
        >of credit, notes, stock certificates, withdrawal receipts and deposit
        >instruments relating to accounts or deposits in, or certificates of deposit
        >of banks, savings and loans, credit unions, or other institutions or
        >associations.

        I think they mean receipt of withdrawn funds. In other words, getting money
        out of the bank. It's kind of ambiguous here, because they're lumping pieces
        of paper and activities into the same category.