Re: [Czechlist] Intro.2-Evangelical terms

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
      You should have read Martin T.'s message more carefully, Bob!

      In it, he said:

      > The only "kostel" built __in Prague__ during communism was Adventist´s
      "kostel" at Prague 5, Malvazinky, but Adventist´s do __not__ call it
      "kostel", but __"modlitebna"__ anyway.

      So, you are shadow-boxing when you say:

      > Malvazinky, Praha 5 (CASD) is not "kostel"; being very large it is
      "modlitebna" or better "sborovy dum". It is NOT the only sacral building
      built during the communist period. By heart, I can name Vsetin-Jasenka CB,
      Prešov CB, Bratislava (complete reconstruction), Senetarov (1971) CRK, Horni
      Pocernice CB. Well it seem the CB had a builing fever - hehe.

      > there is another word for modlitebna = house of prayers

      "house of prayer" (it's "essless")

      Simon