The origins of "dico"

  • tomas_barendregt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
      Hello,

      Can anyone cast some light for me on the origins of the word "dico"
      used for "dictionary"? Is it used just by ESL speakers? Why does it
      sound so strange to me (no psychoanalysis, please)? Is it a French
      plot?

      Tom
    • Tony Long
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 1960
        Spelt 'dicko', it's an autoreflective extended sublimation of the word
        'dickhead', appropriate to those who use it.

        Unfortunately, can't (yet) blame Johnny Crapaud for it, but give me time....

        Tony