Re: Fluoridic acid, fluoridates

  • Dusan Papousek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2002
      Fluoridic acid is CERTAINLY not HF = fluorovodik = kyselina fluorovodikova.
      It is essentially a solution of boron fluoride in hydrofluoric acid. Called
      also borofluoric acid or fluoroboric acid, chemical formula HBF. My guess
      for the Czech name is "kyselina fluoroborova", synonyme "kyselina
      borofluorova". Fluoridates seem to be its salts, thus "sole kyseliny
      fluoroborove" is safe, perhaps also "borofluoridy" (very probably). For
      example, NaBF would be "borofluorid sodny".

      D. P.