Re: [Czechlist] Koala?

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
      Very bad choice, Matej. The Friday is free - most people - such as me - will leave Prague on Thursday afternoon. How about - out of tradition - next Monday?

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
        Zdar Martine,

        Monday's fine, the weather might be a bit better then - anyone else in for
        it?

        BTW: Lawn bowling enthusiasts, I've done the sowing (or whatever one's
        supposed to say), the seeds just lie there and are not showing many signs of
        life, despite my ad-hoc automated watering atempts (that's before the rain
        came), but if the marketing lingo on the bag is not completely off, I should
        be the proud owner of roughly 24 square meters of golf course (minus the
        holes) soon......I'll work on my lawnmowing skills (when there's something
        to "mow") and we can do a tournament at the end of the summer....anybody's
        got (the) balls?

        Matej

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
          I've almost forgotten everything what I learned in my Vysoka skola zemedelska, but I still have a vague but very painfull feeling that playing golf on a grass course two months old is the best way to destroy it once for ever. :-)

          Looking forward to see everyone on Monday.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
            Not planing any golfing, Martin (hard to squueze 10 holes onto a 6 x 4 m
            garden:), and noone will be allowed to step on the grass till at least end
            of August - the bowling invitation was for then....

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > I've almost forgotten everything what I learned in my Vysoka skola
              zemedelska, but I still have a vague but very painfull feeling that playing
              golf on a grass course two months old is the best way to destroy it once for
              ever. :-)

              > Looking forward to see everyone on Monday.
              > Martin

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

            • Rubková
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 4, 2002
                I don't know yet about Monday, but if my situation changes I may come. So I
                have a quaestion where and when?

                Šárka I

                > Very bad choice, Matej. The Friday is free - most people - such as me -
                will leave Prague on Thursday afternoon. How about - out of tradition - next
                Monday?

                > Martin

                ---
                Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

                ---
                Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 4, 2002
                  Koala, 7 pm? What do you think, Matej and any lurking Koalists?
                  But if you know about a nice garden pub, I would certainly not protest.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 7, 2002
                    I'm still in for Letna (or anywhere else one can safely watch a bike), the
                    weather should be good, lots of Prague people out of the city?

                    What about 7 PM Letna - the outdoor seating place close to the Expo
                    restaurant ruins, 300 m to Stalin's (ex) left hand.

                    Matej

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 7, 2002
                      Do you mean the garden with kiosks (nearby the carousel or kolotoc with
                      stuffed horses)? Bit far from the center, but still manageable.

                      Hope there is more people to come...

                      > I'm still in for Letna (or anywhere else one can safely watch a bike), the
                      > weather should be good, lots of Prague people out of the city?
                      >
                      > What about 7 PM Letna - the outdoor seating place close to the Expo
                      > restaurant ruins, 300 m to Stalin's (ex) left hand.
                      >
                      > Matej

                      Service.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
                        Don't remember any stuffed hjorses, but that must be it, roughly opposite
                        the Technical museum at the Holesovice end of letna park...

                        Anyone else in - Simon the banker, Melvyn, Slavka???

                        Matej

                        > Do you mean the garden with kiosks (nearby the carousel or kolotoc with
                        > stuffed horses)? Bit far from the center, but still manageable.
                        >
                        > Hope there is more people to come...
                        >
                        > Martin

                      • Simon Vollam
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
                          Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it. Are we going to sit on the
                          posh side in the restaurant garden, or with the plebs on the side nearer the
                          river? I vote for the latter.

                          Simon

                          > I'm still in for Letna (or anywhere else one can safely watch a bike), the
                          > weather should be good, lots of Prague people out of the city?
                          >
                          > What about 7 PM Letna - the outdoor seating place close to the Expo
                          > restaurant ruins, 300 m to Stalin's (ex) left hand.
                          >
                          > Matej
                        • ottop1
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
                            > Hope there is more people to come...

                            I am still not pretty sure whether I'll be able to come today. It's
                            fifty-fifty (Disclaimer: I am not a fan of Who wants to be a
                            millionaire ;-)) but I'll try to manage it (however, not earlier than
                            by 7:30 p.m.).

                            I hope to see your friendly faces.

                            BR

                            Otto
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
                              Plebs side is fine with me, there's no food and no service, if I remember
                              well, but I can always make a run to the nearby Vecerka for some sandwiches
                              etc. if we need them.

                              Shall we call it 7 PM then? If anyone gets lost or is not sure where to find
                              us, call me on 0602-220 379.....

                              See you

                              Matej

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
                                OK. I should be there at 7 or a bit later.