Koala?

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2 7:42 AM
      Por cierto,

      I know it's summer and half the people are trying to pretend they observe
      school holidays, plus this is a long weekend so people will be heading out
      of town (I might go too, but probably only on Sat.), but it's the first Thu
      day after tom., anyone up for a pint (outdoor place if it stops raining)?

      Matej
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2 10:32 AM
        Very bad choice, Matej. The Friday is free - most people - such as me - will leave Prague on Thursday afternoon. How about - out of tradition - next Monday?

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2 11:43 AM
          Zdar Martine,

          Monday's fine, the weather might be a bit better then - anyone else in for
          it?

          BTW: Lawn bowling enthusiasts, I've done the sowing (or whatever one's
          supposed to say), the seeds just lie there and are not showing many signs of
          life, despite my ad-hoc automated watering atempts (that's before the rain
          came), but if the marketing lingo on the bag is not completely off, I should
          be the proud owner of roughly 24 square meters of golf course (minus the
          holes) soon......I'll work on my lawnmowing skills (when there's something
          to "mow") and we can do a tournament at the end of the summer....anybody's
          got (the) balls?

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2 11:56 PM
            I've almost forgotten everything what I learned in my Vysoka skola zemedelska, but I still have a vague but very painfull feeling that playing golf on a grass course two months old is the best way to destroy it once for ever. :-)

            Looking forward to see everyone on Monday.

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 3 4:03 AM
              Not planing any golfing, Martin (hard to squueze 10 holes onto a 6 x 4 m
              garden:), and noone will be allowed to step on the grass till at least end
              of August - the bowling invitation was for then....

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3 5:17 AM
                That's better, my boy! :-) Let us know the details when the time comes...

                > I've almost forgotten everything what I learned in my Vysoka skola
                zemedelska, but I still have a vague but very painfull feeling that playing
                golf on a grass course two months old is the best way to destroy it once for
                ever. :-)

                > Looking forward to see everyone on Monday.
                > Martin

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

              • Rubková
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 4 4:54 AM
                  I don't know yet about Monday, but if my situation changes I may come. So I
                  have a quaestion where and when?

                  Šárka I

                  > Very bad choice, Matej. The Friday is free - most people - such as me -
                  will leave Prague on Thursday afternoon. How about - out of tradition - next
                  Monday?

                  > Martin

                  ---
                  Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

                  ---
                  Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 4 5:08 AM
                    Koala, 7 pm? What do you think, Matej and any lurking Koalists?
                    But if you know about a nice garden pub, I would certainly not protest.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 7 9:37 AM
                      I'm still in for Letna (or anywhere else one can safely watch a bike), the
                      weather should be good, lots of Prague people out of the city?

                      What about 7 PM Letna - the outdoor seating place close to the Expo
                      restaurant ruins, 300 m to Stalin's (ex) left hand.

                      Matej

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 7 2:39 PM
                        Do you mean the garden with kiosks (nearby the carousel or kolotoc with
                        stuffed horses)? Bit far from the center, but still manageable.

                        Hope there is more people to come...

                        > I'm still in for Letna (or anywhere else one can safely watch a bike), the
                        > weather should be good, lots of Prague people out of the city?
                        >
                        > What about 7 PM Letna - the outdoor seating place close to the Expo
                        > restaurant ruins, 300 m to Stalin's (ex) left hand.
                        >
                        > Matej

                        Service.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 8 1:38 AM
                          Don't remember any stuffed hjorses, but that must be it, roughly opposite
                          the Technical museum at the Holesovice end of letna park...

                          Anyone else in - Simon the banker, Melvyn, Slavka???

                          Matej

                          > Do you mean the garden with kiosks (nearby the carousel or kolotoc with
                          > stuffed horses)? Bit far from the center, but still manageable.
                          >
                          > Hope there is more people to come...
                          >
                          > Martin

                        • Simon Vollam
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 8 2:10 AM
                            Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it. Are we going to sit on the
                            posh side in the restaurant garden, or with the plebs on the side nearer the
                            river? I vote for the latter.

                            Simon

                            > I'm still in for Letna (or anywhere else one can safely watch a bike), the
                            > weather should be good, lots of Prague people out of the city?
                            >
                            > What about 7 PM Letna - the outdoor seating place close to the Expo
                            > restaurant ruins, 300 m to Stalin's (ex) left hand.
                            >
                            > Matej
                          • ottop1
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 8 2:25 AM
                              > Hope there is more people to come...

                              I am still not pretty sure whether I'll be able to come today. It's
                              fifty-fifty (Disclaimer: I am not a fan of Who wants to be a
                              millionaire ;-)) but I'll try to manage it (however, not earlier than
                              by 7:30 p.m.).

                              I hope to see your friendly faces.

                              BR

                              Otto
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 8 3:36 AM
                                Plebs side is fine with me, there's no food and no service, if I remember
                                well, but I can always make a run to the nearby Vecerka for some sandwiches
                                etc. if we need them.

                                Shall we call it 7 PM then? If anyone gets lost or is not sure where to find
                                us, call me on 0602-220 379.....

                                See you

                                Matej

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 8 7:27 AM
                                  OK. I should be there at 7 or a bit later.