Re: [Czechlist] TERM: Steadicam

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
      Diana,

      Stabilizator obrazu on a video cam is an electronic circuit that "sharpens"
      shaking image as a piece of Software would (and losing some resolution in
      the process).

      Steadicam is a brand name for one of these (usually) handheld "booms" that
      allow the camera operator to walk, run, etc alongside a moving scene and
      still film without making the image shaky....you can use it for any
      camera.....

      The company also makes tripods and other camera supports, but when someone
      says "steadicam shot", they mean it was shot from the hand, but using one of
      these things to stabilize the camera......

      see for example:
      http://www.steadicam.com/
      http://www.steadicam.com/systems_pro_film.htm

      I think it'\s more than safe to say Steadicam in Czech, as you would say, so
      your sentence could read:

      Natocili jsme takovy pekny zaber pomoci steadicamu (nebo steadicamem, but
      that's conjugating english).

      I'm sure there's a nice four-plus word name for the device in Czech as well,
      if you prefer that....depends on the audience.

      Matej

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
        Also:

        http://www.steadicam-ops.com/

        > nevite nekdo, zda a jak se preklada termin Steadicam do cestiny? Vyskytl
        se
        > v neodbornem textu a tyka se filmovych kamer. Na googlu jsem nasla
        > stabilizator obrazu, ale ten je u videokamer. V nekterych pripadech jsem
        ho
        > nasla neprelozeny, jenze si nejsem jista, jestli mu porozumi i
        > neprofesionalni publikum.
        >
        > Kontext:
        > We did this nice Steadicam shot...
        >
        > Predem dekuji za pomoc.
        > Diana
        >

        > CZECHTRANSLATIONS.COM ******************************************
        > your online source for professional Czech & English translations
        >
        > e-mail: diana@...
        > e-fax:(801) 905.5618
        > tel:(248) 624.6198
        >
        > http://www.czechtranslations.com//

      • czechtrans
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
          Mateji,

          diky za vycerpavajici odpoved. Steadicam je rozhodne lepsi nez
          "four plus word". Nebyla jsem si jista, zda se opravdu pouziva i v
          cestine.

          Jeste jednou diky,
          Diana
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
            Depends on the audience, if it's for filmmaking people, the definitely, I
            think even your average film aficcionado will understand, but not the
            multikino-Hollywood-blockbuster-goer, you'll have to use your imagination
            (or lack thereof) to think of what will work with them....