TERM: Steadicam

  • Diana Krausova
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
      Dobry den,

      nevite nekdo, zda a jak se preklada termin Steadicam do cestiny? Vyskytl se
      v neodbornem textu a tyka se filmovych kamer. Na googlu jsem nasla
      stabilizator obrazu, ale ten je u videokamer. V nekterych pripadech jsem ho
      nasla neprelozeny, jenze si nejsem jista, jestli mu porozumi i
      neprofesionalni publikum.

      Kontext:
      We did this nice Steadicam shot...

      Predem dekuji za pomoc.
      Diana

      CZECHTRANSLATIONS.COM ******************************************
      your online source for professional Czech & English translations

      e-mail: diana@...
      e-fax:(801) 905.5618
      tel:(248) 624.6198

      http://www.czechtranslations.com//
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
        Diana,

        Stabilizator obrazu on a video cam is an electronic circuit that "sharpens"
        shaking image as a piece of Software would (and losing some resolution in
        the process).

        Steadicam is a brand name for one of these (usually) handheld "booms" that
        allow the camera operator to walk, run, etc alongside a moving scene and
        still film without making the image shaky....you can use it for any
        camera.....

        The company also makes tripods and other camera supports, but when someone
        says "steadicam shot", they mean it was shot from the hand, but using one of
        these things to stabilize the camera......

        see for example:
        http://www.steadicam.com/
        http://www.steadicam.com/systems_pro_film.htm

        I think it'\s more than safe to say Steadicam in Czech, as you would say, so
        your sentence could read:

        Natocili jsme takovy pekny zaber pomoci steadicamu (nebo steadicamem, but
        that's conjugating english).

        I'm sure there's a nice four-plus word name for the device in Czech as well,
        if you prefer that....depends on the audience.

        Matej

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
          Also:

          http://www.steadicam-ops.com/

          > nevite nekdo, zda a jak se preklada termin Steadicam do cestiny? Vyskytl
          se
          > v neodbornem textu a tyka se filmovych kamer. Na googlu jsem nasla
          > stabilizator obrazu, ale ten je u videokamer. V nekterych pripadech jsem
          ho
          > nasla neprelozeny, jenze si nejsem jista, jestli mu porozumi i
          > neprofesionalni publikum.
          >
          > Kontext:
          > We did this nice Steadicam shot...
          >
          > Predem dekuji za pomoc.
          > Diana
          >

          > CZECHTRANSLATIONS.COM ******************************************
          > your online source for professional Czech & English translations
          >
          > e-mail: diana@...
          > e-fax:(801) 905.5618
          > tel:(248) 624.6198
          >
          > http://www.czechtranslations.com//

        • czechtrans
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
            Mateji,

            diky za vycerpavajici odpoved. Steadicam je rozhodne lepsi nez
            "four plus word". Nebyla jsem si jista, zda se opravdu pouziva i v
            cestine.

            Jeste jednou diky,
            Diana
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
              Depends on the audience, if it's for filmmaking people, the definitely, I
              think even your average film aficcionado will understand, but not the
              multikino-Hollywood-blockbuster-goer, you'll have to use your imagination
              (or lack thereof) to think of what will work with them....