Troubles with Agency / contract interpretation

  • Milan Condak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi to all in Czechlist and Wordfast_CZ listmates (= Cross INFO to two
      groups)

      Do you need Trados?

      " they expect you to use Trados, use all 100% matches
      (i.e. all strings that have already been translated"
      You can work with Wordfast instead of Trados.
      ==================================

      Wordfast is free SW, you can download it from www.champollion.net.

      You can add it to MS-Word, and to Wordfast join
      2 dictionaries
      (you sure have some or you can buy some // I sell SW, too//),
      2 glossaries /your or from customer or agencies/, 1 blacklist and many TM.

      You can work with TM of Trados and send to translating agency uncleaned
      document.

      You can create your TM with feature +Align in utility +Tools.
      (If you have source and target languege documents in your arhive.)
      You can extract terminologie with feature +Extract. Prepare glossary for QC.

      Program is template for MS-Office, MS-Word.
      You can quickly download ziped file which
      contain *.dot + *.doc = manual in English.

      In menu MANUAL of www.champollion.net you can find
      manual: translated manual to Czech and other languages.
      contact to local trainer of "Essential of Wordfast".
      I am trainer for Czech republic, see Mutual = Local Mutual Support.

      Some of you use Wordfast yet and I can read your post in English page

      to receive only a daily digest, send a blank mail to
      --> wordfast-digest@yahoogroups.com
      to receive no mails but remain group member:
      --> wordfast-nomail@yahoogroups.com
      to unsubscribe:

      Pokud neumite anglicky muzete se pripojit do

      finske skupiny, poslete e-mail mailto:wordfast_FI-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      francouzske skupiny, poslete e-mail
      mailto:wordfast_FR-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      recke skupiny, poslete e-mail mailto:wordfast_GR-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      portugalske skupiny, poslete e-mail
      mailto:wordfast_PT-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      polske skupiny, poslete e-mail mailto:wordfast_PL-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      svedske skupiny, jen poslete e-mail
      mailto:wordfast_SV-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Zatim to vypada tak, ze kazdy nemecky prekladatel umi anglicky a nemecka
      diskuzni
      skupina nefunguje. Manual a manual pro zacatecniky v nemcine je k dispozici
      .

      nejake soubory ke stazeni, napr. preklad manualu +Tools.
      Dam tam i preklad nemeckeho manualu pro zacatecniky.

      S pozdravem
      Cheers
      Milan Condak
      (Ing. Milan Condák)

    • Josef Hlavac
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2002
        Hello everyone,

        Translating a computer text that turned into marketing, I am stuck at
        several terms and abbreviations. It all concerns promotional activities
        for a certain brand in different stores. Unfortunately, most of them are
        labels in an Excel sheet, so there's not much context. Could anyone give
        me a hint?

        P&L (I thought Parts&Labor but it does not fit the context very well)
        Norm Off Invoice Discount (no context)
        MIS Net (no context), or MIS Sales
        RSP Sales (no context)
        Net Sales Net (why the "double net" ???)
        Cont 1 (a number in pounds indicating some kind of gain?)
        Share of Promotional Voice (no clue)

        TIA, Joe

        --
        Mailto: Josef "Joe" Hlavac <joe@...>
        Phone: +420-776-736715
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2002
          Have a look at www.acronymfinder.com to check if some explanations of
          abbreviations correspond to the context. MIS has 34 hits, RSP 26 hits...

          Hana

          > Translating a computer text that turned into marketing, I am stuck at
          > several terms and abbreviations. It all concerns promotional activities
          > for a certain brand in different stores. Unfortunately, most of them are
          > labels in an Excel sheet, so there's not much context. Could anyone give
          > me a hint?
          >
          > P&L (I thought Parts&Labor but it does not fit the context very well)
          > Norm Off Invoice Discount (no context)
          > MIS Net (no context), or MIS Sales
          > RSP Sales (no context)
          > Net Sales Net (why the "double net" ???)
          > Cont 1 (a number in pounds indicating some kind of gain?)
          > Share of Promotional Voice (no clue)
          >
          > TIA, Joe
          >
          > --
          > Mailto: Josef "Joe" Hlavac <joe@...>
          > Phone: +420-776-736715
          > --

        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2002
            On 7/7/02 6:03 AM, "Josef Hlavac" <joe@...> wrote:

            > P&L (I thought Parts&Labor but it does not fit the context very well)

            Profit or loss?
            Michael

            --
            tell everyone
            set meanness of every person of every nation of every world to 0
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2002
              Yes, that fits right in! Thanks Michael!

              Also, thanks to Hana for acronymfinder. I wonder why didn't I think of
              this site as I remember it mentioned here quite a few times...

              Joe

              --
              Mailto: Josef "Joe" Hlavac <joe@...>
              Phone: +420-776-736715