RE: Re: Baseball terminology

  • Lucie Formánková
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2002
      Petre mockrat dekuju za ten link, bohuzel jsem nasla jenom terminy "palkar"
      a "odpal", ostatni se tam nejak nevyskytovaly.

      Lucie

      Message: 9
      Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:05:58 -0000
      From: "spektrum2002" <padamek@...>
      Subject: Re: Baseball terminology

      Pro pripad, ze se tu nikdo takovy nenajde, Ti doporucuji stranku:
      http://baseball.cstv.cz/prav.htm
      Je tam kapitola "definice terminu", kde je kazdy vyraz doprovazen
      anglickym ekvivalentem.
      Petr
      --- In Czechlist@y..., Lucie Formánková <formanl@c...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > is there a baseball fan out there? Could anyone help me with
      translating the
      > following baseball terms into English? I need the exact
      terminology.

      Message: 10
      Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:10:16 +0200
      From: "Martin Janda" <martinjanda@...>
      Subject: Re: Financial terms

      Looks like this is some kind of class of dealers under Hong Kong
      legislation, with special rights (permissions in VAT charging. See
      www.principalcapital.com.hk/download/ Prospectus_PrincipalIFAsia_Eng.pdf
      http://www.stvat.com/strvat/pages/glossary/zerorate.htm

      Anyway, I don't think there is any established translation in Czech (no idea
      about German though), so you can translate it yourself.

      HTH
      Martin (back on track again)

      Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:24:39 EDT
      From: JPKIRCHNER@...
      Subject: Re: Re: Grammar - interpretation question

      In a message dated 6/24/02 3:39:03 AM, helga.humlova@... writes:

      >A further question would be: How am I supposed to understand (for my own
      >purposes) ".....the translation shall be as close as possible to a direct
      >translation from the English text....." ?????
      >Do they want me to do a "word to word" translation regardless of any
      >"horrible" sentences that may therefore be created in German? Or does it
      >only mean, that the exact sense of the said has to be preserved - which
      >is actually clear and it would be a bad translation, if it would not be so.

      Based on my experience in corporations getting things like this translated,
      would bet that they *think* they mean a word-for-word translation and don't
      know the catastrophic results that could come from that. What they really
      mean, though -- probably without knowing it -- is that there will be no
      changes in the substance of the translation unless reporting laws for the
      target countries vary. For example, the reporting laws are different in the
      US (requiring more, and more precise information), and so an English
      translation for the US would have to include information meeting these
      requirements that may not exist in the German version.

      Message: 12
      Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:31:55 +0200
      From: "Helga Humlova" <helga.humlova@...>
      Subject: monetary - pecuniary - financial

      Hi folks,
      Can anyone draw the differences in those 3 terms?

      Here is one of the sentences:
      The Manager may also require the transfer or compulsory redemption of any
      Shares in circumstances where the holding may result in the Fund incurring
      any liability to tax or suffering any other pecuniary disadvantage or being
      required to register under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended of
      the United States.

      I always thought those 3 words are interchangeable????

      Thanks
      H.

      Yes, and thanks to all inputs and help I already received!!!!!!!!

      ---
      Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

      ---
      Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.