Help! replica-furniture-making terms

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
      HI there!

      I'm after getting bogged down in what looked like a straightforward business
      letter, which has suddenly transmogrified into a rather detailed description
      of how to make replica antique furniture!

      A lot of it is fairly straightforward but one or two terms have me
      flummoxed.

      I would be very grateful if there are any woodworkers out there who might
      know what the following are in English.

      svarten (hacek over the s)

      sazenky intarzii (no accent over the a in sazenky)

      zajeci klih (hare glue?!?!)

      Any suggestions welcome.

      Best regards

      Coilin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor"
        <coilin.oconnor@s...> wrote:

        > I'm after getting bogged down in <snip>

        > svarten (hacek over the s)

        Could this possibly be a genitive plural of s^vartna? I'm after
        looking that one up in Slovnik spisovneho jazyka ceskeho, where there
        is one relevant definition: tenke prkno [tech. slang]. Akademicky
        slovnik cizich slov also suggests: 'cerne stinitko na stojanu k
        zakryti nevhodneho svetla [film slang] but I reckon it's the thin
        board in your context.

        M.
      • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2002