RE: [Czechlist] Term: bionafta+

  • TRAVNICKOVA Hana
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
      Hi,

      I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"

      Hana

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
        Hi all,

        > I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"

        Seems to me that the original term in question was "ve^cny'" (where
        Poldauf lists terms such as "material", "businesslike", "factual", etc.),
        as opposed to "ve^c^ny'" ("everlasting", "eternal", "unending",...)

        Regards, Joe

        --
        Mailto: Josef "Joe" Hlavac <joe@...>
        or <hlavacj2@...>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
          Hi,

          >Seems to me that the original term in question was "ve^cny'" (where
          >Poldauf lists terms such as "material", "businesslike", "factual", etc.),
          >as opposed to "ve^c^ny'" ("everlasting", "eternal", "unending",...)

          I didn't realize when writing my query that "vecna napln" (ve'cna napln')
          may also be understood as a "permanent re-fill" - sorry, I should've used
          the "diacriticals"... :-)
          Thanks to everyone for the comments!
          Irena
        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
            >I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"

            I think the question was about ve<cny, not ve<c<ny.
            Michael

            Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413
          • Radovan Pletka
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 9, 2000
              Factual contents/analysis is OK, to use permanent here will be misleading.

              At 09:31 AM 06/05/2000 +0200, you wrote:
              >Hi,
              >
              >I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"
              >
              >Hana

              Radovan Pletka, Czech and Slovak Services
              P.O.Box 11202, Burke, VA 22015, USA
              Phone703 323 6659, E-fax 561 423 8233, Mobile phone 703 980 8554
              pletka@..., RPletka@..., ICQ: 286 386 96
              www.czechtranslation.com - www.jobsfortranslators.com
              Publisher of the famous weekly job list for translators/interpreters -Feel
              free to request a sample (-:
              Subscription $30 per calendar year (or $3 per month if you are subscribing
              later in the year)
              (cash, check, VISA, MASTER and AMEX accepted)