Re: [Czechlist] TERM (places): Kreis Mies, Kreis Plan, Khoan

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
      > >Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....
      >

      > Is the spelling right? Because Straßenräumer is "cestar'" (road-mender)

      That might be it. "Straßeneinräumer" is from the typescript made some
      20 years later from the handwritten original, and there are some
      other dubious items in the typescript as well (especially "Khoan").
      But "Straßenräumer" seems to be too short compared to the original
      handwriting. Anyway, I've already submitted the translation,
      liberally dotted with "[illegible]".

      Thanks,
      Michael