World Cup win over Portugal

  • jurpelka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002
      Congratulations to all Americans - the exciting performance of the US
      nationals resulted in 3 to 2 win; it is a great success.

      Jiri
    • Mihail Mihaylov
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002
        Wasn't it a Czech translation list?

        Mihail
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002
          Hi Mihail,

          It still is a Czech (from and into English, mostly) list, indeed, and
          still I noticed a lot of "amis" here. Their underdog win over
          Portugal was really something, wasn't it?

          Mihail, I frankly keep my fingers crossed for my Slavic brothers
          (Slovenians, Croats, Poles, and Russians, in the mentioned order),
          too, naturally.

          Ty takze bolelscik?

          Cheers, and, go US go!

          Jiri
        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002
            On 6/5/02 7:09 AM, "Mihail Mihaylov" <fidexim@...> wrote:

            > Wasn't it a Czech translation list?

            I believe it's a list for translators of Czech. Not quite the same thing.
            Perhaps Melvyn will correct me.

            Michael

            ====
            German is my wife; Czech is my mistress
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002

              --- In Czechlist@y..., Michael Grant <transman@b...> wrote:

              > I believe it's a list for translators of Czech. Not quite the same
              thing.
              > Perhaps Melvyn will correct me.
              >
              > Michael

              Check out the list description on:

              And the Czechlist FAQ on

              http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/newfaq.html

              M.
              -----------
              In the world of minor lunacy the behaviour of the utterly rational and
              the totally insane seems equally odd - J. K. Galbraith
            • Michael Grant
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002
                On 6/5/02 12:58 PM, "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...> wrote:

                > Check out the list description on:

                So, does "anything else that concerns them [translators, interpreters and
                other language professionals]" include soccer scores, or not?
                ;-)
                Michael
                unconcerned

                --
                "I think it's important for those of us in a position of responsibility to
                be firm in sharing our experiences, to understand that the babies out of

                - George W. Bush in an interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press, Nov.
                21, 1999.
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2002
                  --- In Czechlist@y..., Michael Grant <transman@b...> wrote:
                  > On 6/5/02 12:58 PM, "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@d...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Check out the list description on:

                  > So, does "anything else that concerns them [translators,
                  interpreters and
                  > other language professionals]" include soccer scores, or not?
                  > ;-)
                  > Michael
                  > unconcerned

                  Well, the way I got things figured, that is for you translators,
                  interpreters and other language professionals (no groupies, thank you)
                  to decide. :) Of course, if any of you translators, interpreters and
                  other language professionals can think of a better formulation for the
                  group description, we could take a vote on it.

                  Passes the time of day, doesn't it? Better than working.

                  Melvyn
                  She believed in nothing; only her scepticism kept her from being an
                  atheist - J. P. Sartre