Re: Koala (up on a gum tree) this week?

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
      --- In Czechlist@y..., "Simon Vollam" <vollams@m...> wrote:
      > I'm available - I could do with cheering up after England's dismal
      > second-half performance on Sunday. Letna would suit me, provided the
      weather
      > stays like this.

      Letna suits me fine too or Slavka suggests that place by the river
      near the Manes building. She says she can come with an American
      student of hers. I'm easy either way.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
        Hi Melv.

        Letna was my first idea because one can have one's pushbike with them while
        drinking - if the zahradka by manes is Ok with that (leaving the bike near
        and visible) - I'm happy to go there. Slavka, is it your preferred choice?

        Just tell me where and when.

        Matej

        > > I'm available - I could do with cheering up after England's dismal
        > > second-half performance on Sunday. Letna would suit me, provided the
        > weather
        > > stays like this.
        > >

        > Letna suits me fine too or Slavka suggests that place by the river
        > near the Manes building. She says she can come with an American
        > student of hers. I'm easy either way.
        >
        > M.

      • Mila Saskova-Pierce
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
          Guys, my husband and I will be in Prague from 31st of June to 3rd of July.
          (We are coming for the SVU World Congress in Pilsen 23 - 30 June. For
          information see www.SVU2000). Than I will remain until the 20th July. Do
          you have any meetings planned for that time? We would love to meet your
          group. Both my husband and myself are part time translators, and you are
          such a nifty group, it would be nice, for us - old geesers - to meet with
          you. Mila from the Czech Lands in Nebraska

          >I'm available - I could do with cheering up after England's dismal
          >second-half performance on Sunday. Letna would suit me, provided the weather
          >stays like this.
          >
          >Simon
          >

          >> Do we have a Czechlist meeting this week?
          >>
          >> I'd be in for moving it to a "zahradka" somewhere, but don't know any such
          >> places in the centre apart from Letna (which would be OK as long
          >> as everyone
          >> can/is willing to get there).
          >>
          >> Any suggestions, is anyone coming?
          >>
          >> Matej

          >Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

          Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
          University of Nebraska
          1133 Oldfather Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0315
          Tel: (402) 472 1336
        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
            On 6/4/02 1:29 PM, "Mila Saskova-Pierce" <msaskova-pierce1@...> wrote:

            > Mila from the Czech Lands in Nebraska

            I had heard that there was a Czech community in Nebraska. Would love to
            learn more about it some day.

            Michael

            --
            _
            | |
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
              > I had heard that there was a Czech community in Nebraska. Would love to
              > learn more about it some day.
              > _
              > | |
              > _| ~~~
              > }
              > \/\ * /
              > \ |

              Can you do one of these for Nebraska?

              Simon

              PS Wyoming, by way of encouragement:

              ________
              | |
              | |
              |_______|
            • Mila Saskova-Pierce
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
                Oh, yes, we are Czech and you can see it on three sites:
                www.unl.edu/Czechheritage and www.ci.wilber.ne.us/ and
                www.nebraskaczechs.org
                Enjoy. Mila

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
                  On 6/4/02 5:03 PM, "Simon Vaughan" <rachelandsimon@...> wrote:

                  >> I had heard that there was a Czech community in Nebraska. Would love to
                  >> learn more about it some day.
                  >> _
                  >> | |
                  >> _| ~~~
                  >> }
                  >> \/\ * /
                  >> \ |
                  >
                  > Can you do one of these for Nebraska?
                  >
                  > Simon
                  >
                  > PS Wyoming, by way of encouragement:
                  >
                  > ________
                  > | |
                  > | |
                  > |_______|

                  Hmm. Zis about right?

                  _____________
                  ---- \
                  | \
                  -------------

                  Not really sure about the angles and proportions there....

                  Michael

                  --
                  Death to all fanatics!!
                • Rubková
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 4, 2002
                    I would like to come. Could you tell where where these are?
                    And in which one?

                    Sarka

                    > I'm available - I could do with cheering up after England's dismal
                    > second-half performance on Sunday. Letna would suit me, provided the
                    weather
                    > stays like this.

                    Letna suits me fine too or Slavka suggests that place by the river
                    near the Manes building. She says she can come with an American
                    student of hers. I'm easy either way.

                    Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

                    ---
                    Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

                    ---
                    Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 5, 2002
                      --- In Czechlist@y..., Mila Saskova-Pierce <msaskova-pierce1@u...>
                      wrote:
                      > Guys, my husband and I will be in Prague from 31st of June to 3rd of
                      July. (We are coming for the SVU World Congress in Pilsen 23 - 30
                      June. For information see www.SVU2000). Than I will remain until the
                      20th
                      July. Do you have any meetings planned for that time? We would love
                      to meet your group. Both my husband and myself are part time
                      translators, and you are such a nifty group, it would be nice, for us
                      - old geesers - to
                      meet with you. Mila from the Czech Lands in Nebraska

                      Hello Mila,

                      I'm sure we can fix something up when you are here. Keep us posted on
                      your movements and I look forward to meeting up with you.

                      Hello Matej,

                      Slavka says she is sure you can put your bike inside the pub at that
                      Manes place but in any case she says she is happy to meet up at Letna
                      too. I suggest that to avoid unnecessary complications we go to Letna
                      this time and try out the riverside place some other time.

                      Can you send details of the Letna place to the list? I should be able
                      to make it later on in the evening.

                      M.
                    • Simon Vaughan
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 5, 2002
                        > _____________
                        > | ~~
                        > | \
                        > | \
                        > ---- \
                        > | \
                        > -------------
                        >
                        > Not really sure about the angles and proportions there....

                        The angles look right, but the state appears squashed in Verdana, my default
                        font. Looks perfect in Courier, though.

                        Now, how about Hawaii?

                        Simon
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 5, 2002
                          Maps and Czech "Nebraskans" aside - do we meet up today or not and WHERE?

                          Matej

                          PS: I'm for Letna or the place near Manes if someone tells me where exactly
                          and that I can see my bike from there.....

                          > > Not really sure about the angles and proportions there....
                          >
                          > The angles look right, but the state appears squashed in Verdana, my
                          default
                          > font. Looks perfect in Courier, though.
                          >
                          > Now, how about Hawaii?
                          >
                          > Simon

                        • Michael Grant
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 5, 2002
                            On 6/5/02 4:59 AM, "Simon Vaughan" <rachelandsimon@...> wrote:

                            >> Not really sure about the angles and proportions there....
                            >
                            > The angles look right, but the state appears squashed in Verdana, my default
                            > font. Looks perfect in Courier, though.

                            Well obviously you have to use a monospace font for ASCII art.

                            > Now, how about Hawaii?

                            ***
                            **
                            @

                            Michael

                            --
                            If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a
                            closed room with a mosquito....¨

                            - African proverb
                          • Michael Grant
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 5, 2002
                              On 6/4/02 5:34 PM, "Mila Saskova-Pierce" <msaskova-pierce1@...> wrote:

                              > Oh, yes, we are Czech and you can see it on three sites:
                              > www.unl.edu/Czechheritage and www.ci.wilber.ne.us/ and
                              > www.nebraskaczechs.org

                              Does anyone up there still speak the lingo? In Texas I see a "Jak se mas?"
                              bumper sticker every now and then; otherwise the Czech one sees/hears tends
                              to be very, very bad.

                              Michael

                              --
                              "A journey of a thousand miles does begin with a single step, but it
                              continues with the second and third...."

                              - Art Palmer
                            • Mila Saskova-Pierce
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 5, 2002
                                Bad it is. But it is! Mila

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 6, 2002
                                  Just give me any idea where we shall meet because it seems to me that it
                                  will rain.

                                  Sarka

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 6, 2002
                                    --- In Czechlist@y..., Rubková <rubkova@l...> wrote:
                                    > Just give me any idea where we shall meet because it seems to me
                                    that it
                                    > will rain.

                                    Yes, I've just been on the phone to Matej, Simon and Slavka and they
                                    agree that Letna might not be such a good idea in the rain so we are
                                    MEETING AT THE FAT KOALA again on Senovazna Street, 6 pm.

                                    Regards,

                                    Melvyn