Re: [Czechlist] Term: Trivia game

  • Skrivanek Prague - Rachel/Coilin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
      >Mam zase jeden dotaz. Nevite nekdo, co znamena Trivia game. Je to nejaky
      >specialni druh pocitacovych her nebo doopravdy jenom obycejna hra?

      Hi Otto,
      AFAIK it's simply a generic term for a type of game involving "trivial"
      general knowledge questions. So you could have a "pop music trivia" game,
      which would involve questions like "who wrote Lucy in the Sky with
      Diamonds?" or "which song holds the record for the longest number of weeks
      at number 1?", or a "sports trivia" game (which country won the Football
      World Cup in 1966? ;-)), or a larger game with different categories of
      trivia. I'm sure there are computer versions of trivia games, but it's
      really an entire genre not limited to any particular medium.

      By the way, will we see you at Kamenne Zehrovice tomorrow?

      Rachel
    • Otto Pacholik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
        Hi Rachel,

        Thanks for the explanation.

        > By the way, will we see you at Kamenne Zehrovice tomorrow?

        I hope to be able to come. I have just one question to Melvyn.
        Would it be possible to bring my wife with me?

        BR

        Otto