Re: [Czechlist] Term: bionafta+

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2000
      The environmental dictionary I have says: bionafta=biodiesel fuel, also: biopalivo=biofuel

      Kostas

      Hi,
      Can anybody help me with the English term for "bionafta"? I think I will really have to buy that expensive "environmental" dictionary... :-(
      And one more thing - "vecna napln" / "vecna analyza" etc - would "factual contents" do?
      TIA,
      Irena

      KZ Meeting info
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/cube2.html

      Czech<>English translation resources page:

      Czechlist archives:
      http://www.egroups.com/messages/Czechlist

      Czechlist homepage:
      http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist

      Community email addresses:
        Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
        Subscribe:    Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
        Digest:       Czechlist-digest@egroups.com

    • Irena Steinerová
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2000

        The environmental dictionary I have says: bionafta=biodiesel fuel, also: biopalivo=biofuel

        Kostas,
        Thanks a lot ver your very prompt reply!
        Irena

      • TRAVNICKOVA Hana
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
          Hi,

          I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"

          Hana

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
            Hi all,

            > I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"

            Seems to me that the original term in question was "ve^cny'" (where
            Poldauf lists terms such as "material", "businesslike", "factual", etc.),
            as opposed to "ve^c^ny'" ("everlasting", "eternal", "unending",...)

            Regards, Joe

            --
            Mailto: Josef "Joe" Hlavac <joe@...>
            or <hlavacj2@...>
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
              Hi,

              >Seems to me that the original term in question was "ve^cny'" (where
              >Poldauf lists terms such as "material", "businesslike", "factual", etc.),
              >as opposed to "ve^c^ny'" ("everlasting", "eternal", "unending",...)

              I didn't realize when writing my query that "vecna napln" (ve'cna napln')
              may also be understood as a "permanent re-fill" - sorry, I should've used
              the "diacriticals"... :-)
              Thanks to everyone for the comments!
              Irena
            • Michael Grant
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2000
                >I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"

                I think the question was about ve<cny, not ve<c<ny.
                Michael

                Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413
              • Radovan Pletka
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 9, 2000
                  Factual contents/analysis is OK, to use permanent here will be misleading.

                  At 09:31 AM 06/05/2000 +0200, you wrote:
                  >Hi,
                  >
                  >I am almost sure that you could use "permanent" for the Czech "vecny"
                  >
                  >Hana

                  Radovan Pletka, Czech and Slovak Services
                  P.O.Box 11202, Burke, VA 22015, USA
                  Phone703 323 6659, E-fax 561 423 8233, Mobile phone 703 980 8554
                  pletka@..., RPletka@..., ICQ: 286 386 96
                  www.czechtranslation.com - www.jobsfortranslators.com
                  Publisher of the famous weekly job list for translators/interpreters -Feel
                  free to request a sample (-:
                  Subscription $30 per calendar year (or $3 per month if you are subscribing
                  later in the year)
                  (cash, check, VISA, MASTER and AMEX accepted)