RE: [Czechlist] TERM (places): Kreis Mies, Kreis Plan, Khoan

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
      >Could this site help?
      >
      >artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~vincenzo/mesta.html

      Excellent, thanks!
      Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....

      Michael

      Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413
    • Irena Steinerová
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
        Hi Michael,

        >Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....

        Is the spelling right? Because Straßenräumer is "cestar'" (road-mender)
        HIH,
        Irena
      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
          > >Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....
          >

          > Is the spelling right? Because Straßenräumer is "cestar'" (road-mender)

          That might be it. "Straßeneinräumer" is from the typescript made some
          20 years later from the handwritten original, and there are some
          other dubious items in the typescript as well (especially "Khoan").
          But "Straßenräumer" seems to be too short compared to the original
          handwriting. Anyway, I've already submitted the translation,
          liberally dotted with "[illegible]".

          Thanks,
          Michael