RE: [Czechlist] TERM (places): Kreis Mies, Kreis Plan, Khoan

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hi Michael,

      Could this site help?

      artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~vincenzo/mesta.html

      Stribro - Mies

      Melvyn

      FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
        >Could this site help?
        >
        >artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~vincenzo/mesta.html

        Excellent, thanks!
        Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413
      • Irena Steinerová
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
          Hi Michael,

          >Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....

          Is the spelling right? Because Straßenräumer is "cestar'" (road-mender)
          HIH,
          Irena
        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
            > >Now if only I could find out what a Straßeneinräumer does....
            >

            > Is the spelling right? Because Straßenräumer is "cestar'" (road-mender)

            That might be it. "Straßeneinräumer" is from the typescript made some
            20 years later from the handwritten original, and there are some
            other dubious items in the typescript as well (especially "Khoan").
            But "Straßenräumer" seems to be too short compared to the original
            handwriting. Anyway, I've already submitted the translation,
            liberally dotted with "[illegible]".

            Thanks,
            Michael