TERM (places): Kreis Mies, Kreis Plan, Khoan

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      I'm trying to decipher a half-Czech, half-German birth certificate
      from 1939 which contains some very illegible handwriting. I do have a
      typewritten German transcription/translation to refer to, but I'm not
      sure that whoever prepared it got everything right, either.

      Does anyone happen to know the present-day name of "Kreis Mies"? It's
      near Marianske Lazne (Marienbad), and there was a town there called
      Rauschenbach. There's also a mention of "Kreis Plan" and a street
      name that the transcriber has rendered as "Khoan" (which doesn't
      sound Czech OR German to me). If anyone thinks they might be able to
      decipher the German handwriting, I can post a PDF to my FTP site.

      Thanks in advance,
      Michael

      Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413