Re: [Czechlist] Wishing Life Were Perfect (Word spelling-language misbehavior, Round Two)

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 7 , May 24, 2002
      On 5/23/02 6:48 PM, "Erik Piper" <erik@...> wrote:

      > Keyboard and the language are indeed two different settings -- and I wish to
      > hell they were one, because if they were, Word's tiny little brain would
      > automatically figure out that if I'm typing using English keyboard settings,
      > I'm typing in English.

      Bite your tongue! (Or your fingers, or something...) God forbid we should
      have to use a different 'kezboard lazout' every time we change languages!

      > ...which is fine unless you translate into English, for which you need both
      > the English and the Czech keyboards (for Czech surnames etc.).

      Why do you need the English keyboard for that? It hardly seems worth
      switching keyboards just for apostrophes. FWIW, I use a Czech keyboard
      almost exclusively (admittedly on a Mac, which makes typing third- and
      fourth-register characters a little easier).

      Michael

      ***
      "We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
      -- Jason Kidd, upon joining the Dallas Mavericks