RE: [Czechlist] advertising slogan

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      >He's something of a Billy Bunter

      Never heard of 'im.
      Michael

      William George Bunter, the corpulent, short-sighted, grub-raiding, 'owl' of
      Greyfriars School, was a cartoon character in the Magnet (a weekly
      publication in the UK from 1908 to 1940) famous for his catchphrases
      "Yaroo", "Blimey", "Beast" and "I say, you fellows". He is basically the
      archetypal fat guy. His humour often consists in contradictory statements
      like: �I didn�t eat Matron�s cake and anyway there wasn�t enough chocolate
      in it�, which are strangely reminiscent of certain legal texts I have dealt
      with over the years. In fact, I have a little collection of such "Billy
      Bunter syndrome" passages which I'll have to quote sometime.

      :)

      Melvyn

      FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com