Civil Servants (WAS: RE: TERN: Zajistit)

  • Erik Piper
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      I would hesitate to call most Czech bureaucrats by such a noble name as
      "civil servant." Though perhaps calling them "obcansti sluzebnici" would do
      something with any latent sense of shame they might have...

      My apologies to any good Czech civil servants who are reading (or "who read"
      :0) this list.

      More on people's comments on my sentence soon -- I have to actually finish
      the translation of which it's a part!

      Erik

      (Original message wuz:)

      Message: 21
      Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 05:58:04 -0000
      From: "ottop1" <otto@...>
      Subject: Re: TERM: Zajistit

      > One of my former employees swears she's seen "zajistit provedeni
      > implementace reseni".... (Or something like that; I remember there
      were four
      > of those empty words in a row.)

      This is what a lot of Czech civil servants are capable to slip in
      their reports or other written documents on multiple ocassions. :-)

      BR

      Otto

      ---
      Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
      Verze: 6.0.350 / Virová báze: 196 - datum vydání: 4/17/02