TERM: Post office address

  • Simon Vollam
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Could any of the Americans on the list please clarify the above term? It's
      in those wretched by-laws I referred to in a previous message. Context:

      "Corporate notices may be served upon him at his post office address, if
      any, as the same appears on the share record books of the Corporation"

      Is it the same as 'mailing/postal address', or some PO box, or what?

      TIA,
      Simon
    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        In a message dated 5/1/02 5:05:59 AM, vollams@... writes:

        >"Corporate notices may be served upon him at his post office address, if
        >any, as the same appears on the share record books of the Corporation"
        >
        >Is it the same as 'mailing/postal address', or some PO box, or what?

        I think it's the same as the postal address, but with one twist. I get the
        feeling that this line is meant to nullify any restriction that the notices
        must be served at the current physical, geographical address of the
        shareholder. There are some situations in which an organization or person
        will not accept certain mailings if they are sent to a P.O. box, or if they
        are sent to his old address. It looks like this is saying, "We're sending
        the notice to the postal address you listed when buying the shares. If you
        only have a post office box, or if you move and don't file a change of
        address, it's your problem. We've still held up our part of the bargain by
        sending things to the address listed on the share records."

        So, I think it just means postal address.

        Jamie
      • Simon Vollam
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2002
          Thanks Jamie. You're spot on with your get-out clause hunch, and you've
          confirmed my feeling about the meaning.

          Beware those folk from Delaware,
          'Cos there they talk peculiare.

          IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I set my hand hereunto.

          Cheers,
          Simon